Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tattoo at shoulder blades

Options
  • 11-07-2004 12:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭

I've been giving a bit of thought to getting a tattoo at some stage, I'm only 15 atm so im gonna keep mulling it over till im 18, at least.

Anyway, the thing I was thinking of getting done is the 3 words "Truth, Justice, Honour" in ornate script on my upper back, between the shoulder blades.

I was wondering, have any of you guys had a tatt done there? Is it a particularily painful spot?

Obviously theres no major rush, as It'll be about 3 years before I get it done, I'm just making sure I know all the facts so I can be thinking it over.

Thanks in advance lads!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Between your shoulder blades is probably one of the least painful places to get tattooed. Wait til you're 18 and be sure you want the tattoo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

I know, thats one reason im thinking now, I'll have 3 years thought so I wont be making a mistake. Shoulder blades would appear to be a great place for a tattoo then, Very little pain, and easily concealed in a pinch, if needs be

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

Getting a tatoo is possibly the biggest mistake one could make in there life, you are marking yourself with ink which is injected into your skin. I would not do it if i was payed. Listen to advice, I would not do it.

Remember this:

The Nazi's used tatoos to mark the Jews during WW2, So they would know who to kill...

Oh noes, Nazi's might hunt me down!

I think I'll choose to ignore that, my parents are enough of a voice of reason for me

Firstly, you should not be so sarcastic about this, It is a life desicion. I did not imply that "the nazi's will hunt you down".

Also, If you are going to critisize every post in opposition of your suggestion, why did you bother to put it here in the first place...??

Don't be foolish

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Y o u s s e f
    Firstly, you should not be so sarcastic about this, It is a life desicion. I did not imply that "the nazi's will hunt you down".

Also, If you are going to critisize every post in opposition of your suggestion, why did you bother to put it here in the first place...??

Don't be foolish

Youssef, you're the fool here. The guy didn't post asking if he should get a tattoo or not, his mind is made up.

Please don't push your (presumably religious) views upon everyone else here.

Eth0_ please do not bring your feelings from another thread into this one, It is very unprofessinol.

And who are you to pressume, That is a very amature thing to do, i am simply putting forward my point as to why I would not advise the idea of getting a tatoo, This Chlid is very like the other one about the diet, they are only 15 and a re going through a time in there life where they are unsure/insecure of themselves, i am simply here as a person to give My Opinion. You seem to have very little consideration for these teenagers, as they go through this hard time in life.

I would ask if you could not bve so harsh in your replies and back them up with an unaggressive apporach.

A> I am not being agressive towards you. This is a TATTOO forum, we therefore don't exactly welcome people coming in saying tattoos are evil...you understand?
    B> 'Eth0_ please do not bring your feelings from another thread into this one, It is very unprofessinol.' - What??? I've no idea what you're talking about here, and as for unprofessional - do you think being a mod on boards is a profession? We don't get paid you know ;)
    C> For a 16 year old you sure do have a lot of advice to impart, don't you ;-))

Oh and I think advising him to wait until he's 18 and sure he wants a tattoo is being 'considerate', dear, don't you?

Who says tatoos are evil? i didn't

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭cartman

Getting a tatoo is possibly the biggest mistake one could make in there life, you are marking yourself with ink which is injected into your skin. I would not do it if i was payed. Listen to advice, I would not do it.

Remember this:

The Nazi's used tatoos to mark the Jews during WW2, So they would know who to kill...

kinda says it all doesnt it,
    tattoo forum isnt for you mate

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Krispie
    kinda says it all doesnt it,
    tattoo forum isnt for you mate

I get the impression he's just trolling. I think perhaps if there's anymore trolling from this chap then 'the final solution' will be in order.

1 word:

Mistake

1 word:

Mistake

1 word:

Banned.

(At least you will be if you troll in here once more).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭cartman

heh,

that was going very well until the
    at least you will be etho :/

1 word:

Mistake
    I think that may be a confession actually....:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭daveJAM

Eth0_ please do not bring your feelings from another thread into this one, It is very unprofessinol.

I don't think Eth0_ is bringing feelings from another thread into this one, but you raise a good point in assuming so. You went onto the Mac forum and dissed Macs. Now you're here on the Tattoos / Piercings forum dissing Tattoos.

Raphael has stated that there's going to be 3 years for this to be mulled over, which I think is plenty enough.

And as Eth0_ has already said, the mods aren't paid to put up with your muppettry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Zapper

Getting a tatoo is possibly the biggest mistake one could make in there life,

I admit that many people do regret getting inked later in life but it's hardly "the biggest" mistake they could make, really. It's just a bit of ink and if you really hate it there's always laser removal.

Not to start anything up but what are your reasons for being so against tattoos?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

Just to correct etho, I found my lettering tattoo more painful than other areas especially when its at the spine. I got my first tattoo when I was 15 also and I dont regret it I still like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Shanannigan

that's kinda like pressin the big red button that says DO NOT PRESS comin into a tattoo forum and telling everone they've made a big mistake.... and tellin the rather mature thinkin 15yr old who's takin 3yrs to consider gettin one that he's "unsure/insecure of himself" what a (excuse my arabic) dick

Wait......me???mature????

How little you know...

• Advertisement
Advertisement