Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

xbox games

Options
  • 11-07-2004 1:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭

hi i was wondering would an xbox game from the states work on an xbox from ireland

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Not as your xbox currently is, straight out of the box.. You would have to get your xbox 'modified' to play game discs from other regions to play US games.

It is one of the advantages of a GC that the Freeloader disc allows the play of US games on a European GC machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

Originally posted by tallpaul
    Not as your xbox currently is, straight out of the box.. You would have to get your xbox 'modified' to play game discs from other regions to play US games.

It is one of the advantages of a GC that the Freeloader disc allows the play of US games on a European GC machine.

damn i realy wanted to get that game but im no sure if i want to get my xbox "modified" cant that damage your xbox

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭elmer

the sticky at the top of the board covers it - basically if you're doing it yourself and you're not familiar with it then you could damage it but it's pretty easy for a technical/electronics person.

If you want one installed send me a pm and i'll see if i can sort you out

Nige

i might im not sure but ill telll you in two weeks if im gonna do it

hey i just have 1 more question the game i want to get is called steel battalion and has an xbox live feature if i get the game and the modchip will i be able use the xbox live feature(get it from america)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

Nope. Cant use X-box live with a modded X-box. Sucks Really :(

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭elmer

you could actually - by changing the console over to ntsc(changing game region rather than just the output signal). then disable the modchip. I've never tried it but i can't see why there'd be any problems doing it - the motherboards themselves are identical. i converted an ntsc board to pal and it worked no problem.

Nige

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭-oRnein9-

A little off topic but I'm thinking of buying a US Playstation2 on ebay and was wondering if I could get it chipped(somewhere in dublin area) to play european ps2 games.

Advertisement