Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb or Netsource?

• 11-07-2004 1:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

I am undecided on Digiweb or Netsource. they both look very good.

in particular netsource corporate and digiweb bizjet enterprise.

are there any other companies that anyone knows of that provide similar services at a lower price??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Digiweb throttle certain ports, i.e bit torrent and kazaa are throttled so much it's almost pointless to use them on their service. Pings are very good though.

I'd go with netsource.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 chanchan

yeah, netsource just sounds better. but doesn't throttle mean to speed up?

my cousin has the 1MB Digiweb DSL package and his torrents are fine... usually twice as fast as my 512KB one...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by chanchan
    yeah, netsource just sounds better. but doesn't throttle mean to speed up?

my cousin has the 1MB Digiweb DSL package and his torrents are fine... usually twice as fast as my 512KB one...

No, look up 'throttle' in the dictionary.
    Why are you even asking us which you should go for when you already have digiweb dsl?

I've only had experience of the digiweb wireless service and i'm 99% sure it's throttled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 chanchan

no, my cousin has digiweb. i only have ****ty eircom. sorry about the "throttle" mistake

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

I've had digiweb dsl for a few months - download speeds are fine and don't appear to be "throttled". Kazaa lite is not a good way to judge - it depends who you're downloading from. Support had also been great (haven't needed it much though).

I can't comment on their wireless products though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

Digiweb aren't throttled but pings are crap (80ms+). I'm on the 1meg business package also. Downloading @107k all day long. *Leechmonkey* Hopefully no one who lives near me will sign up! :)

Advertisement