Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SG1, Season 8, Episode 1+2: New Order [Spoilers]

• 11-07-2004 2:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭

WoW.
    That was a brillent episode. Very enjoyable i can see this season being very very good. I have high hopes for Athlantis. I havent decided if i like Weir yet though.
    I knew Jack would get the job, i also like the new twist with the system lords and the replicators. I was kinda hoping someone elce would return because Baal is ok/good but Anubis Sokar and Apophis where all amazing.

Great episode 9/10

Rate This Episode 18 votes

Amazing
    0% 0 votes
    Good
    44% 8 votes
    Ok
    55% 10 votes
    Bad
    0% 0 votes
    You Wasted 93 Mins of My Life And I Want Them Back
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Great start to the new season. Lots of little things for the long time fan too (which we always get with an M&M episode) such as acknowledgement of the events of "Fair Game" from Season 3.

Lots of things I liked here such as:

* O'Neill's promotion to Brigadier General and commander of the SGC which I did NOT know about. It allows RDA to appear on and off as it suits him.
    * Carter's story was good here. Not only did we find out she's still dating Pete from last season but Tapping got to do a great bit of acting during her torture - showing genuine sympathy and hurt.
    * Jack's insistent probing of Teal'c, "Teal'c - what's with the hair?"
    * The return of Yu. Not just Daniel telling Weir not to make the obvious jokes (heh) but an acknowledgement of Yu being a somewhat more reasonable Goa'uld (even if going a bit senile). Bit of trivia: Yu appeared first in "Fair Game" which was also an episode that aired on July the 9th, featured 3 Goa'uld in a peace treaty, and had Carter getting promoted...
    * Replicators used well. Fith shows promise as being someone completely bonkers with his new era of human replicators.

Like User I don't know to judge Weir yet but thankfully she's not a Hammond replacement. As to Ba'al being the new leader? He's not as effective offhand as Anubis, Apophis, or Sokar but we'll see how it goes.

Cracking start to the season. Looking forward to catching Stargate:Atlantis next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

There was a bit of chemestry between Carter and Telc on the ship at the start waent there? One of my friends said last year he things those 2 will have some sort of "fling"

It was Good wasent it? By any chance ixoy did u also see Athlantis: The Lowdown? i am wondering if it is worth me getting. Thanks

I didn't watch Atlantis: The Lowdown because I want to know next to nothing about the show so I'm surprised when it airs. All I know is the name of a couple of the characters - I'm even shaky on what its premise is going to be :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

What channels did you watch these on? What time?

There Not on any UK or Irish channel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭lynchie

Great episode. Good to see the asgard back in the picture again after a long break.

Was funny with O'Neill asking Teal'c about his hair - I assume we will find out about it soon enough?

Was the ship that the system lords sent to earth actually sent? Daniel said that Baal destroyed it. Thought he was only bluffing about that but I couldnt figure out if it was true, how did he find out it was destroyed?

Is there another episode of SG-1 being aired in the US before Atlantis starts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

Great show, particularly the ending.

Didn't like the new Dr. Weir, though she didn't act as well as the last one.
    Was the ship that the system lords sent to earth actually sent? Daniel said that Baal destroyed it. Thought he was only bluffing about that but I couldnt figure out if it was true, how did he find out it was destroyed?

Thor appeared at the same time so maybe he found out and told them?

Originally posted by lynchie

Yeah I thought that part was a little strange. All of a sudden, Ba'al had been defeated yet we saw nothing on screen (surely this wasn't a budget concern?) And yet if Ba'al wasn't desrtoyed, we should see him really shortly, next week even in Atlantis? I'm going now with it being a bluff given Thor was far more concerned with halting the flow of replicators.

Is there another episode of SG-1 being aired in the US before Atlantis starts?
    No. There's a 2-hour (i.e. 2 parter) episode to kick off Stargate: Atlantis next Friday in the U.S. and no new episodes of Stargate: SG-1. The week after - the 23rd - will have then one of each.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

Originally posted by ixoy
    Yeah I thought that part was a little strange. All of a sudden, Ba'al had been defeated yet we saw nothing on screen (surely this wasn't a budget concern?) And yet if Ba'al wasn't desrtoyed, we should see him really shortly, next week even in Atlantis? I'm going now with it being a bluff given Thor was far more concerned with halting the flow of replicators.

No no no. The ship was being sent by the remaining alliance of system lords, without Ba'al's involvement. He discovered this ship on its way, and destroyed it. They were hoping to test Earth's defences themselves. If they let Ba'al do it, they were in a no-win situation. If Ba'al attacked Earth and was defeated, he'd turn his attention back to them. If Ba'al succeeded, he'd have access to a non-functioning Ancient weapon, and hence the ability to study and reproduce it. Therefore, they had to send the ship themselves.

I was a bit confused by Daniel's statement too - could have been a bluff, could have been the truth. I liked Yu's mistake - calling Ba'al "Anubis", and his First Prime's fear of him being interrogated - "Nothing my Master says can be trusted".

Anyone else think that the Celtic God (can't think of his name of hand) is really a spy? I mean a Goa'uld applying for asylum? I don't think so. They should send him to Mosney while he's being processed!

I think that mabe its possible for a body to have 2 gouauld living in it, one as host and the other just taking up space living off the bodys energy so later in a episode or 2 that gould will leave the body and tyake over 1 of the SGC.

Here is 1 big question 4 ya all.
    Who do u think will be the 4th SG1 team member? or will it be some newbie

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I liked the characters of Camulus and HotJapaneseOneWithTheReallyLongName. Although it was hard to take Camulus seriously at first considering the actor who plays him has appeared on SG1 several times before as the leader of one of the other SG units - I thought he did well particularily at the end in the asylum request scene.

Can't wait for the rest of season 8 now.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,506 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Originally posted by Y o u s s e f
    What channels did you watch these on? What time?

*cough* dc++ or bittorrent ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

For the purposes of tonight's Sky showing:

*bump*

Beware spoilers!

Advertisement