Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metalcore

Options
  • 11-07-2004 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭

Don't be lulled by metal core's seemingly "underground" stature. It's the next abomination to take nu-metal's place. Metal core bands include Killswitch Engage, Shadows Fall, Lamb of God, Chimaira and Atreyu. Even Funeral For a Friend have metal core moments. If you truly like the music, then by all means, go for it. But don't advocate these bands as the greatest things to walk the earth because in 2 years time we will all be talking about how much we hate them, just like with nu-metal. These are the next group of cool metal bands that everyone should like or you're not truly metal, according to record execs and the people at gay metal magazines.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

WTF? So stay away from the whole thing because a few bands have gone a bit mainstream with it? That happens with every style of music. Metalcore isn't exactly new, its been around for ages. Nu-metal was a new thing.
    Why does anyone bother to read metal mags? Anything you need to find out in them can be done so more effciently online. Those mags are full of ****e anyway, its all about ads and marketing, and therefore a bit more biased IMO. Listen to what you like and not what your told is the flavour of the month.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Originally posted by LightofDarkness
    Don't be lulled by metal core's seemingly "underground" stature. It's the next abomination to take nu-metal's place. Metal core bands include Killswitch Engage, Shadows Fall, Lamb of God, Chimaira and Atreyu. Even Funeral For a Friend have metal core moments. If you truly like the music, then by all means, go for it. But don't advocate these bands as the greatest things to walk the earth because in 2 years time we will all be talking about how much we hate them, just like with nu-metal. These are the next group of cool metal bands that everyone should like or you're not truly metal, according to record execs and the people at gay metal magazines.
    So what you're saying is that you are more metal than everyone else because you listen to the likes of Borknagar or what not? Putting labels on people being "more metal" than everyone else is fucking stupid and is why people who don't listen to metal laugh at us.

Listen to the music for what it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭LightofDarkness

If you'll actuallu read my post I was saying that it's the mags and record execs who tell you that you're "tr00" or not if you listen to or don't listen to these bands.

If you'll notice I also said that if you like the music, listen to it all you like. I said don't follow the trend and love it because it's the cool thing to do right now. And never once did I say I was more metal than anyone. Don't assume, it only makes an "ASS" out of "U" and "ME." Borknagar makes one cool now, eh? I don't like where Vintersorg's gone with the band. I must be extra cool now.

Advertisement