Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sagem myV55

• 11-07-2004 10:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭

was considering getting this phone as a vodafone upgrade! was just wondering if anyone has one or knows anything about them...

opinions please, thanks!

EDIT: or would the nokia 3200 be better??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

Having used both, I'd recommend the Nokia 3200. It's far better than the myV-55. The Sagem can be quite an annoying phone at times, poor usability. Plus, if you're going for the Sagem on Vodafone, it'll be riddled with the Vodafone Live! menu, which is pretty ugly. The 3200 is also Vodafone Live! but it's not nearly as bad. The 3200 also has a radio. My €0.02!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭jobonar

cheers Fidelis! i'm starting to edge towards the 3200 now but i liked the look of the sagem though! aint made up my mind yet though!

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Hmm, I had a Sagem MyV65, which I then swapped for a Nokia 3200. The Sagem did have dodgy menu's and SMS messaging was a bit dodgy. However, the Sagem had a much better screen and camera than the Nokia.

The MyV55 is €129 on Vodafone.ie (upgrade), although they're out of stock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

I have the sagem, and i find it is better than the 3200, because the screen is bigger, the camera is crisper and the buttons are easier to use than the 3200. There is just a better feel to the phone, feel's more sturdy.

I would advise the sagem, It's a great buy. Go for it.

In my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭callmescratch

my brother just got the v55 and can't figure out how to connect it to his pc. in the manual it says you can use a usb cable, but there wasn't one supplied and i can't even find a place to plug in any of the usb cables lying around the house. does he have to order one from sagem or something?

p.s. googling didn't help me on the issue

• Advertisement
Advertisement