Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Favorite Kurosawa Film?

• 12-07-2004 4:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭

Well, why not? Could be a great poll, and great thread in it's own right.

Sorry I can't get everything in, there's only 10 poll entries so, forgive me if there's a favorite Kurosawa film of yours that I've left out. I'll try to get everything in there as best I can.

Choose one! 24 votes

The Seven Samurai
    0% 0 votes
    Yojimbo
    50% 12 votes
    Sanjuro
    16% 4 votes
    Throne Of Blood
    0% 0 votes
    The Hidden Fortress
    12% 3 votes
    Rashomon
    0% 0 votes
    Red Beard
    12% 3 votes
    Ran
    4% 1 vote
    Dreams
    4% 1 vote
    Ikiru
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭Chad ghostal

wouldve gone for kagemusha .. but since seven samurai is there ..:ninja:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭echomadman

Torn between Yojimbo and The Seven Samurai,

Have to go for Throne of Blood.
    I really must get around to watching Seven samurai, I've had it fo the last eight months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Have only seen Seven Samurai so far, although I've got Yojimbo awaiting viewing :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭ALLGOOD

has to be 7sam for me, the performances are gripping and outstanding and the plot is just as good. classic ****:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭Batbat

7 Samurai of course

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Originally posted by Darko
    Have to go for Throne of Blood.
    I really must get around to watching Seven samurai, I've had it fo the last eight months.

Honest to god, get to watching The Seven Samurai NOW!

Originally posted by Karl Hungus
    Honest to god, get to watching The Seven Samurai NOW!

Im going to watch it on either Friday or saturday.

Im going to watch it on either Friday or saturday.

That's not good enough! NOW I said!

That's not good enough! NOW I said!

Decided to stay in tonight and watch some of it.

• Advertisement

Decided to stay in tonight and watch some of it.

That's much better! :D

Watched the first hour and a half last night. I nearly called in sick this morning so I could watch it from the start.
    Wow it is amazing. I plan on staying in tonight and watching it in one viewing. If the last hour and a haf is a tenth as good Ill be in heaven. It is one of the greatest films ever.

Watched the first hour and a half last night. I nearly called in sick this morning so I could watch it from the start.
    Wow it is amazing. I plan on staying in tonight and watching it in one viewing. If the last hour and a haf is a tenth as good Ill be in heaven. It is one of the greatest films ever.

Told ya so! :D

It really is a masterpeice altogether, fantastic pacing altogether, and such brilliant characters. Takashi Shimura is just awesome in it, as is Toshiro Mifune.

Told ya so! :D

It really is a masterpeice altogether, fantastic pacing altogether, and such brilliant characters. Takashi Shimura is just awesome in it, as is Toshiro Mifune.

I only watched an hour and a half and all ready I love it. Couldnt watch it last night, so tomorrow afternoon I plan to sit down and watch it in full. I am really looking forward to seeing it in full.

Advertisement