Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

very near miss

Options
  • 12-07-2004 10:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭

was driving in a sliproad in my 1litre micra ,when i saw a passat flying up behind me on the main road itself doing (IMO) bout 70,75.

At this stage i was only up to 50ish so I said I'd stay in and let him pass....It just so happens anyway that this sliproad changes to an inside lane...so there we are going around a corner, I'm on the inside lane and he's just after passing on the outside lane . (literally my headlight just behind his boot)and i glanced @ my mirror to pull out after the passat.....there was a car abandoned (no one in it/around it) on the inside lane just after the corner...thank feic nothin behind me ,it was so close to the bend that when i pulled out to pass it I was bout 4meters behind it and passing it the distance was bout 2-3cms!scary when you consider at 60mph a car travels 83 feet a second!

The thought of going into the back of the other car (peug 405)...I almost certainly would have been killed

How in the name of feic was this car there and not reported/crashed in2 already?
    I had the life frightened out of me, because i was being considerate 4 the other guy behind me....On second thought I should've pulled out b4 him and said screw him!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

u let someone pass just before a corner?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭daggeredge

No, I was on the inside lane and he was passing in the right hand lane before the corner.... I was saying i should've pulled out of the sliproad b4 it turned into a left hand lane....but then again you're man was really travelling...

Advertisement