Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on Widescreen TV

Options
  • 12-07-2004 11:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭

Does anyone have any suggestions of best buys that are around at the moment?

Looking for 28 Inch, 100hz widescreen TV. Would it be best to buy online (bit iffy about this) or are there any decent deals at this level around Dublin?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ChipZilla

Buy online from the UK or head up the north to Comet or Currys:

http://www.comet.co.uk/cometbrowse/category.do?refineSearch=true&brand=-9999&loPrice=150&hiPrice=5000&features=tv_size@reception@100hz_flicker_free_technology@&loValues=28@Analogue@Yes@&hiValues=31@-9999@-9999@&categoryId=453&searchStatus=true

Beware of non-VHF tuners though if you live in the back of beyond. A UHF-only telly won't give you any problems in the big smoke though...

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Originally posted by ChipZilla
    Beware of non-VHF tuners though if you live in the back of beyond. A UHF-only telly won't give you any problems in the big smoke though...

I thought NTL in Dublin used VHF frequencies for their analogue channels?

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ChipZilla

Originally posted by byte

God knows. Probably. Serves you right for having analogue NTL.

Jeez, use the money you save buying a telly from Comet to get into the 21st century with Sky Digital.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

Originally posted by byte

Yes, it does.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

Originally posted by Scottish
    Does anyone have any suggestions of best buys that are around at the moment?

Looking for 28 Inch, 100hz widescreen TV. Would it be best to buy online (bit iffy about this) or are there any decent deals at this level around Dublin?

Philips 28PW9618 is the dog's bollocks as far as 28" CRT is concerned, but it is not cheap (approx. €1800), it is 100Hz and also comes complete with Dolby 5.1 sound.
    A cheaper option is the Sony KD-28DL10, which you should be able to pick up for around €1000
    The Panasonic 100Hz sets are apparently fairly decent too.

How much do you plan on spending?
    What do you intend to hook it up to (analogue TV, digital TV, DVD, VCR)?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

Dixons iffy valley are doing a really nice thompson 27 inch plasma for eur2200.

100 hz and widescreen. I'm seriously thinking of getting one..

Advertisement