Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Willy O'Dea's reply to Sinn Féin criticism

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Mighty_Mouse

the increase from this core support they have gained in recent years probably (though how can anyone know for certain) are people who were ill-at-ease with the violent struggle, ignore any current links between Sinn Fein, the IRA, or continuing violence, and might (again, who knows) withdraw their recent support if the IRA restarted their struggle
    Its a redundant argument IMO. The IRA aren't about to break their cease-fire any time soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭klaus23

If you want to read about murderers, read "A Very British Jihad" by Paul Larkin.

Men and women who fought for their country, their human and civil rights are described by their own people down south as terrorists. But would you condemn the British Government, or the B-Specials/RUC/SAS/PSNI, or the UDF/UDA - probably not - because if it's the status quo, it must be correct.

I disagree.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

klaus23 wrote:
    If you want to read about murderers, read "A Very British Jihad" by Paul Larkin.

Men and women who fought for their country, their human and civil rights are described by their own people down south as terrorists.

'Their own people down south'?!!! Have you been drinking some of Arcade's kool-aid? Maybe we shouldn't condemn the nationalist murders in the North, cause, after all, they are 'our people' - anyone not genetically and culturally pure must be banished from this island, correct?!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Cork

Wow! Cork you'd nearly think you can't think for yourself sometimes! Cork you repeat this so often you should just put it in your signiture! Tell us a little about the IRA's fuel rackets in 2004 will ya? I honestly don't know anything in terms of how much, how often, what the racket consists of, how big the scheme is. I don't even know if it exists in any significant manner since the cease-fire.
    Can you help me out?

When will the political representatiives of the IRA let us know how the IRA is actually funded?
    Just a couple of comments. I find it ironic that anti-republicans repeatedly state that "tit for tat" voilence achives nothing yet repeatedly state isolated incidents of "tit" without wanting to hear "tat"!!

There is no justification for the dumbness of conducting violence on the basis of an eye for an eye.

Criticism of either SF or the IRA does not make you anti-republican. SF contest NI and BRITISH elections. They accept the CONSENT PRINCIPLE.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Mighty_Mouse

Cork wroteL:
    Fuel rackets cost the Irish exchequer dearly.
    MM wrote:
    Cork you repeat this so often you should just put it in your signiture! Tell us a little about the IRA's fuel rackets in 2004 will ya? I honestly don't know anything in terms of how much, how often, what the racket consists of, how big the scheme is. I don't even know if it exists in any significant manner since the cease-fire.
    Cork replied:
    When will the political representatiives of the IRA let us know how the IRA is actually funded?
    Is this called not answering a question? Again CORK can you tell me just a little about how Fuel Rackets cost the Irish exchequer? ;)
    There is no justification for the dumbness of conducting violence on the basis of an eye for an eye.
    Then surely there must be a dumbness in tit-for-tat political statements?

Which is my point

• Advertisement
Advertisement