Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Villa sign Cole on Loan for a season

• 12-07-2004 12:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭

Aston Villa have signed Carlton Cole on a season long loan from Chelsea.

I think hes a great addition without breaking the bank.

We just need another few defenders and midfielders now.

Full story:

http://www.skysports.com/skysports/article/0,,7-1142748,00.html

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

I was expecting it to be Joe Cole , but anyway this is a good signing for Villa , and could start an odd partnership of Angel and Cole , its gonna be hard for England Internationel :D Darius Vassel to even get a game .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Did Angel sign a new contract yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭wynters

Great move. Cole is a great player - big, strong and suprisingly skillful, he could be the perfect partner for Angel. At the very least he´ll provide some decent competition for Vassell - the most overrated player in the league. I´d drop Vassell actually... he hasn´t done it for us in a long time now - 2 seasons in fact. Charlton reportedly made a 3 million bid for him a few weeks back. I think O´Leary would´ve taken it if our squad wasn´t as paper thin.....

All we need now is a better right full, a creative midfielder (we´re seriously lacking some craft in that department), and someone who can cover left back and centre half positions (there´s rumours of Craig Moore coming in from Rangers)

My guess is that it´ll be the January transfer window before we make any signifigant signings. The players O´Leary identified to the board as targets at the end of last season just don´t seem to available at the moment. Baros went out & had a blinding Euro 2004, quadrupelling his transfer value. Nantes don´t wanna part with Berson - calling him "the best player we have" - fingers crossed on that one though. I think Dave will keep the little money he has until January instead of spending ti for the sake of it.

.... It´s been a dissappointing summer so far considering the 19 players who´ve left in the year O´Learys been in charge... all the boards fault though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Originally posted by neilbrady79
    Did Angel sign a new contract yet?

Not yet but he will do soon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭JohnnyBravo

Well hopefully o leary wont play cole as a target man
    Otherwise we could have another charlton on our hands

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

Whenever I've seen Carlton Cole play he's looked a good powerful skillful player. He could be a very good addition to Villa's strike force.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭AngelofFire

He`s a good young lad and im sure he`ll push Vassel and Angel hard for a starting place.Whats the story with mathieu berson, he wants to join us but nantes want him to see out the remaining year of his contract apparently, hopefully they`ll relent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Originally posted by AngelofFire
    He`s a good young lad and im sure he`ll push Vassel and Angel hard for a starting place.Whats the story with mathieu berson, he wants to join us but nantes want him to see out the remaining year of his contract apparently, hopefully they`ll relent.

Ya they reckon he's the best player they have and will risk losing him for nothing!!!

Advertisement