Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bluetooth phone to PC

Options
  • 12-07-2004 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭

I want to transfer my pictures from my 7650 phone to my PC via bluetooth.

I assume you can easily get an adopter to plug into the back of the PC to enable bluetooth transfer? Where is the best place to get one of them? thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Get a USB bluetooth device - pay no more than 40 euros for it.

I got mine off elara.ie a good while back. Any computer shop (expensive)/site (cheap) should have them.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,946 ✭✭✭✭Villain

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

Originally posted by Fungus
    I want to transfer my pictures from my 7650 phone to my PC via bluetooth.

I assume you can easily get an adopter to plug into the back of the PC to enable bluetooth transfer? Where is the best place to get one of them? thanks

Golden rule is to go for a vendor that offers decent support, i.e. driver updates. TDK would be one of the best, the likes of Belkin and MSI would be ok too... With many inexpensive adapters you can end up with no support or driver updates so when looking at a particular model check the vendor's support site to see what support and driver downloads (how up to date) they offer...

Make sure to go with one that offers the Widcomm Bluetooth software (at least version 1.4) as this is the easiest to use...

Plus make sure to download the latest 7650 PC Suite from the Nokia site and not to rely on you CD to install it...

BrianG

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

Thanks for the advice.

Will the data not be received on the PC without the additional software?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

not on Windows yet, XP Service Pack 2 will be the first offering to provide decent built-in support but it's still at Release Candidate stage...

it is pretty much just plug it with OS X (Jaguar/Panther) on a Mac though

BrianG

• Advertisement
Advertisement