Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Robert Heinlein

Options
  • 12-07-2004 2:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭

Anyone read many of his books ?
    Read Starship Troopers for a laugh last week and actually found it rather good. Started reading citizen of the Universe ( I think that's the title) last night and it seems quite decent.

The trick with a lot of sci-fi writing seems to ensure that the sci-fi part of the story really is secondary. That is, create a normal story involving ordinary social interactions and then later turn these people into aliens and set it in space..

Gav

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,518 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

I read dozens of his books growing up (anything and everything he wrote that was stocked in my local public library)..

He's fondly remembered as the 'dean' or 'grand-master' of science-fiction, and is the reason I spend so much money on science-fiction novels..

Here's a list of his works, and here's a nice bio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Schwarzfahren

I read "Stranger in a Strange Land" a few years ago on the recommendation of a friend - I wasn't impressed though.

Advertisement