Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ThermalRight SP-94 Vs Zalman CNPS7000B-Cu

Options
  • 12-07-2004 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭

Hey, was just looking for opinions on which of the above is better. ie price/performace
    cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

My vote is in my sig :D

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Diddy Kong

how much better does it cool than that standard one??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

The 7000alcu is a very good cooler and cheaper than the thermalright especially when you take into account the additional fan.

Which performs better? The thermalright does, but it depends on how much by the fan you attach.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Diddy Kong

if i was to get the thermalright, id bee lookin to stick a coolermaster silent 92mm fan on it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

If your looking for quiet operation, and you have a northwood then id say prob go with the Zalman 7000alcu . The Theramlright is a fantastic cooler but the Zalman isint that far behind.

The Zalman is also adjustable, and a nice ammount cheaper. Mabye get an Artic cooler for your GFX card for the extra?

If you had a prescott then definetly the Thermalright, but the northwoods dont run nearlly as hot .

[But theres no harm at all in having the thermalright, either would be a good option TBH]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

I was in the same position as you there a while ago.
    I came to the conclusion that:

Zalman have the fan, its adjustable, easy fit, nice design but should have a customized bracket to hold it good, it uses the standard one which isnt designed to take that much weight and could become loose and temps could rise gradually over a period of time.

Thermalright no fan included, best heatsink(but the amount of dissapation depends on fan chosen as Col_Loki said) It has its own mounting bracket, which is what was putting me off getting it because of having to remove the board to do it. Temps dropped 13'C under load at stock speeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Originally posted by Dempsey
    I was in the same position as you there a while ago.
    I came to the conclusion that:

Zalman have the fan, its adjustable, easy fit, nice design but should have a customized bracket to hold it good, it uses the standard one which isnt designed to take that much weight and could become loose and temps could rise gradually over a period of time.

The zalman does with attachments for various chips and boards to make the connection to the cpu fan brackett more secure. Unless your pc travels alot i wouldnt be to worried about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

With its design and weight and a bracket not designed for that weight. The mounting clips do break somethimes when people secure heatsinks that heavy

Advertisement