Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Tattoo

Options
  • 12-07-2004 2:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,086 ✭✭✭

I'm gettign a tattoo on the back of my neck on Friday. People have told me the back of the neck is one of the sorest places to get tattoo'd, is this true?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Zapper

As far as i know, it all depends on exaclty where on the neck u get tattood. I know that the side of the neck is supposed to be a bit of a bugger. Depends if u'll be tattooing above veins or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

I really dont know why people take pain into account when getting ink'd or pierced for that matter, its the last thing I think about, its a small price to pay for such a nice long lasting thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,086 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

I'm not taking pain into account, I'm going to get it weather(sp?) it hurts or not, I'm just wondering how much it hurts, if it hurts at all. (I know everyone has a different pail threshold(sp?))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 574 ✭✭✭Silent Grape

get off ur oh so high horse i am man, pain is pain, thats why he's asking. its good to prepared.

i have my wrist, inner thigh, hip and lower back tattooed, they were all the same pain (barely any) except for my lower back. that hurt. a lot.

Another thing i thought of is, if the tattoos visable, would it be a threat to a job, or can they fire you for having a tattoo?

Thanks.

EDIT: That questions proabably a tad bit stupid as I'd imagine it varies with different employers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭munkeehaven

for some reason i've always wanted to get a''purple ant'' on my lower back...but my mum keeps bugging me saying that my skin is too sensitive...*sigh*..you see im half african so app. darker skin gets scarred more easily so she keeps telling me i shouldnt get any more piercings or a tattoo...*sigh*

i would just hate for her to be right......but i really do want to get a tattoo and more piercings....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

munkeehaven - she's right, black people scar a lot of the time when they get inked or pierced. Having said that - look at all the rappers who are covered in tattoos and you never see any keloids on them?

Hmm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭munkeehaven

yeah..you are right..i mean 5o cent has a lot of tattoos and they are all smooth....maybe its just about aftercare..like vit.e oil is very good for skin healing and also cocoa butter...i guess i could get a really small tatt and just see how it goes....and i am sure that the only reason i got a keloid before was because i did the piercing myself which was stupid....if i was getting my nose done, i wouldnt let them use a gun, as that causes alot more trauma to the tissue, whereas a hollow needle is lot more safe, and sterile....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 blair_witch

hi...i got a tattoo just above my ankle and it really didnt hurt tht much..in fact it probably hurt more whilst it was healing but i was told to put savlon on it and tht made me ankle swell so i wudnt advise using tht but go for it.
    :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 blair_witch

oh and i wanted mine on my wrist but the tattooist said it may effect whether u get the job or not but tht is discrimination so they shudnt do really but it depends what job it is. eg, the council wudnt be to happy with tattoos if u was working with children so it depends on the job. xx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by blair_witch
    oh and i wanted mine on my wrist but the tattooist said it may effect whether u get the job or not but tht is discrimination so they shudnt do really

Yes but they can always and probably will always discriminate, and the employer can make it look like they didn't give you the job because of the way you performed in the interview, for instance. I want to do medicine or clinical psychology after I finish my degree, and I wouldn't dream of getting any tattoos that are visible in every day clothes because I know it would either hamper my chances of getting a place in medschool/post grad, or cause me trouble in my career - especially as I am female. That's just the way the world is :-/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 mentalcase5000

my freind just got a tat on the back of his neck and upper back he said the worst spots were his sholders and right on the bottom of his neck

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭de_shadow

this might be a little late for some but the last time i got a tattoo i was advised not to drink too much the night before ,
    as it can thin the blood and effect the way the ink takes.It also takes longer for the tattoo to be done.
    i found this out the hard way had to spend two hours in the chair.

de_shadow wrote:
    this might be a little late for some but the last time i got a tattoo i was advised not to drink too much the night before

It is too late :p , I got the tattoo a good few weeks ago now, but I knew about that, its the same with piercings.

Advertisement