Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diving West Cork

Options
  • 12-07-2004 3:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 899 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm off to west Cork for holidays next week, staying around Baltimore and Schull mainly and I'm looking forward to a few dives. Can anyone tell me what the must see site are? What is the dive centre in Baltimore like? Any help or suggestions would be great!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

There are two dive centres in Baltimore or thereabouts..

www.aquaventures.ie
    www.baltimorediving.com

I haven't been to either of them myself so i can't comment about that bit. Although i do hear that the U260 is an awsome dive not to be missed.... only thing is its in 42m AFAIK.... If you're not going into deco then it'll be a short visit.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

My brother and his friends dive on that U-Boat a couple of times a year (at least). Seen some vid of it looks amazing but at that depth your lucky if you get 10 mins on the bottom...

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭NordicDiver

If you are not comfortable with deco diving then you should keep off U260, i dont think bounce diving on it with a single cylinder is wise. Pony bottle you say? forget it!

30 minutes on the wreck gives u 30 minutes accent time,, in my book.. ;)
    Imagine 10 stressful minutes bottom time, a few minutes down, where is Das Boot ?Ah there is the conning tower, time to leave...

Some of us are going to Baltimore for some U260 diving august bankholiday weekend, if you are a twinset owner and are comfortable with 30 minutes on 42meters u are welcome to join.

I dived with www.baltimorediving.com a few years ago, and we where on a hard boat then, great diving that was spoilt by to many 10 minutes divers.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Unfortunately I don't own a twinset and I'm going to a wedding and then India that weekend. *brag* *strut*

Otherwise I'd go and dive one of the other sites and then drink with you all.

Advertisement