Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cnn

Options
  • 12-07-2004 3:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭

Welcome to the CTYI News Network

Only the 2nd day, so I havent much news, lets see what I've got for you

They gave us a choice of 4 movies: big fish, monsters inc, finding nemo or Oceans 11. Yay.:dunno:

The canteen seems to have increased the food quality, but at the expense of the hot chocolate (big loss:rolleyes:). The orange juice seems to have returned, Medlab or equivalent will no doubt centrifuge it as always soon.

Lesse, no major feuds between class groups as in the great IR vs LS war of 01, but the session is still young

None of the RA's appear to be evil as of yet, but its possible one is just waiting to show his/her true colours

No news of trip dates, I'll let you know as soon as I have them, in case any nevermores wish to come along.

Be for now!

R4ph

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭article6

Originally posted by Raphael
    Lesse, no major feuds between class groups as in the great IR vs LS war of 01, but the session is still young

Consarn it, the young'uns need more feuds to toughen them up.

PS Legal Studies owned IR.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 samfitz88

None of the RA's appear to be evil as of yet

Have you as yet talked to Dermo? EVIL!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

Who, are all of ye?

*runs off to make a troll account*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭qwidgybo

They gave us a choice of 4 movies: big fish, monsters inc, finding nemo or Oceans 11. Yay

what the fudge?? watchable films at ctyi?!?!?!! the universe as we know it is crumbling!! CRUMBLING!!! i mean, tim allen doesn't star in ANY of those!!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

They gave us a choice of 4 movies: big fish, monsters inc, finding nemo or Oceans 11. Yay.:dunno:

You dare complain about Monsters Inc and Finding Nemo?! They are sheer brilliance!!

Youn'uns n dar complainin. PAH!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

Originally posted by samfitz88
    Have you as yet talked to Dermo? EVIL!

I'm not that evil ...

really? :ninja:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Ok, Saturday is santry as always, times are probably the usual, I dunno

Sunday is Dublin Zoo, Art Museum, Gaa, or just watch a video.

Hope to see some of you all there!

We had a fire!!

Some dude's shower went on fire... yes, the shower went on fire.. how the hell that happened, i have no idea.

*shakes fist at shoddy circuitry*
    and why the hell does DCU have FUSE BOXES? Why not circuit breakers.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Shoeless Ailbhe

What times for Santry.... when to be there and when do we get to leave??

And no one would happen to know what bus to take to get there?

Fire sounds like excitment! Wish I was there...... altho reportedly its a bit boring there, what with the insanly strict RA's. Hopefully they'll get a little easier as time goes on. Or hopefully next year the powers that be will select FUN RA's?!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Captain Planet

hopefully next year the powers that be will select FUN RA's?!

WHAT?!? Quit dissing the RAs! They aint so bad, as for the showers well, I think it's the fault of the canteen.... why not, we blame them for everything. The food only looks better-stay clear of toxic orange!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Originally posted by Captain Planet
    The food only looks better-stay clear of toxic orange!

The orange is good. It may even be Squeez.

Hurrah, no showers in the res untill next Friday!

Now, we have 14 showers in the swimming pool complex for 290 students! (And we can't use them after the disco.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭mentalimplosion

the computers here smell funny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭gigglingrat

liar, they smell o' nothing. cept computer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

Originally posted by PurpleFistMixer
    The orange is good. It may even be Squeez.

the best newbie advice i ever got was never drink the yellow water. don't trust the canteen orange just becaue it comes out of a branded dispenser.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭mentalimplosion

Originally posted by gigglingrat
    liar, they smell o' nothing. cept computer.

you're in the other room. this one is pretty smelly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

/me mumbles about the good old days.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Originally posted by Awayindahils
    the best newbie advice i ever got was never drink the yellow water. don't trust the canteen orange just becaue it comes out of a branded dispenser.

Well, don't drink it if you don't want to. There were constant shortages at sess1, people taking 3 cups of it at a time (arr). I found it was actually good. Better than the water, and hell, if I've paid for something, I'm going to have it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Liquorice

The disco was pretty sucky, they played some(albeit very little)good stuff though. But the DJ wouldn't let us play any metal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭Caoimhe

"altho reportedly its a bit boring there, what with the insanly strict RA's. Hopefully they'll get a little easier as time goes on. Or hopefully next year the powers that be will select FUN RA's?!"

Whats with the anti-RA thing in session 2? are they all crazy? those RAs were my favourite ones ever, they were really really sound. mayb they have to be stricter with you guys coz of what happened with the drinkin but that doesnt mean they werent really good fun. if im being totally honest i found last year much stricter than this year, except for the last few days which was completely understandable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭Caoimhe

yeah the discos were sucky, but when are they ever not? its a part of ctyi that we have protests in the middle of the floor when ****e songs come on and spend half the discos pestering the dj to play something decent. huzzah for crappy discos!!

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭purplepolkadot

hopefully next year the powers that be will select FUN RA's?!

*throws hat into ring*

god i'd be ****in deadly as an RA.... how does one apply?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

actually i'm quite interested in finding out myself: if one of the previous or current RA's could post or pm me the details i'd greatly appreciate it :)

Hmm.. it'd be FUN to be a RA... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭his_dudeness

Originally posted by crash_000
    actually i'm quite interested in finding out myself: if one of the previous or current RA's could post or pm me the details i'd greatly appreciate it :)

It's not really all that hard. Recruiting and Interviewing takes place in April/May time, so just make sure you've your application in by then. Just write to the office and they'll send you out one. I've also heard that CTYI advertised around certain colleges but they didn't make it to Galway.

Make an effort at the interview. We were told stories of applicants who went into their interview and just presumed they'd get the job because they were past students. Being a nevermore does not garauntee(?) Ra-ship. It helps, but 4 of the 15 RA's this session were NOT here as students.

Oh, and I'm pretty sure at least one year of college/university/3rd-level-institution is needed, though don't quote me on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭twirly sponge

Originally posted by Liquorice
    The disco was pretty sucky.

Ah, I liked the disco. It started off meh but discos in general do. Then it got great and I had crazy fun. They played the 5,6,7,8's! And other stuff. *starts humming 5,6,7,8's in my head*

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭twirly sponge

Aaaagh!!! That was my one hundredth post!!! Woohoo!! Now I'm a crazy poster!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭malecO

Originally posted by nosmo
    /me mumbles about the good old days.

Me too. Have nothing to do except spend endless hours on this computer. Eh, not so bad but still.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭edibility

I found the RA's strict but fun. My RA was kinda insane on the whole keeping to groups thing...and as for food! You'd swear we were all anorexic, if anyone of us skipped lunch to have a pot noodle and a **** (*giggles*) in our rooms she'd pester us for the day about what we'd eaten. But she was loverly still. And the rest were great :) The carnival was great fun, as was their dancing at the discos's (go brona!), and the fact that half my friends were in classes with half of them was pretty cool. Although Ordhanait asking me had i been drinking on the las night was really weird :/ especially considering the events of the week before. Care to take a look into that Dermo? *dances madly*

Advertisement