Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cnn

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Spog

In the first week i was like, hey! whats with all the strict RAs? But now they've all mellowed a bit, and are all pretty sound as far as I can see. This session, as my last, is a little boring and disappointing but what can you do! I'm trying, very hard, to make it as fun as possible for myself.

Disco last night was funnily almost exactly the same as the last one... I think the dj played two new songs <these being slow songs like iris and cannonball, which he played one after the other>. The DJ tends to play about 3-4 mosher songs in a row and then there'll be none for the rest of the night!:mad:

Talent show tonight should be fun <or funny>, and i can't sing because of the mad cold thing thats going around. twas so hard to stop myself singing along at the disco last night! I blame suzy!

only five days left until i'm officially a nevermore - scary! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

Talent show was good

*pets Spog on the back - there there....*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

the talent show amazingly had no disasters!!

twas the best I've seen in ctyi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭Caoimhe

wow, a talent show without ****-ups? thats almost unheard of, go session 2! who was in it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Liquorice

I seem to have become a toy of some sort, I get thrown into the air, thrown from one person to another, turned upside down, picked up, spun around in circles, poked and tickled.
    Not that I'm complaining, but am I really that small?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭edibility

Yes. It's wonderful >)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭jono087

Ya the disco...

the first disco... kinda crap

the scond disco... gettin better

the third disco... not the best but i had so much fun, its not even funny...

my previous statement makes little or no sense but that disco will forever stay in my memory...

those were the days, we had so much fun...

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

Originally posted by his_dudeness
    Oh, and I'm pretty sure at least one year of college/university/3rd-level-institution is needed, though don't quote me on that.

*quotes you on it*

Yes. You need to be in at least 1st year of college. Though an exception or 2 has been made in the past for some damn reason which I've no interest in. *remains disgruntled*

Discos weren't always bad. I always enjoyed our ones. From RAs dressing up 70s style to the mass lying on the floor (yes yuck) for Street Spirit/slow bits in Just. Maybe they stopped playing the decent music cause of the table diving and so forth in our years. *chuckles*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭HeyYou

"wow, a talent show without ****-ups? thats almost unheard of, go session 2! who was in it?"

The talent show was indeed fantabulous, no bad acts at all. I thought the Session 1 talent show would never be beaten...seems I was wrong! The Hendrix/Franz Ferdinand guys and Muse stole the show for me, wish i could play like that.

damn, i really wish i had been there for the muse guys. was it plug in baby you said they were doing irwin? so totally jealous of the ses2 people. although we had some great sketches in our show. and the music was pretty damn good too (ahem!!!) although the mics were a bit dodge

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭his_dudeness

I dare say I'm feeling a little left out................

No praise for me??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Liquorice

Today was amusing. Myself and Jason were discussing dead girls vs. unconscious girls and went around asking everyone in res what their opinions were.

Originally posted by his_dudeness
    I dare say I'm feeling a little left out................

No praise for me??

no....

ah niall u know we all loves ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

Originally posted by Caoimhe
    no....

ah niall u know we all loves ya!

niall played our song (the one I was writing in everyone's books) at the talent show and it ruled all!!!

Hell yeah it did!!!!! *being far too vain for own good*

I dunno, it was okay, though I did **** up at the end, but it got a laugh so all's well.

I'm going to post lyrics and chords here once session two finishes, I don't want anyone else knowing how to play it before the last Thursday!!:D

I'm also being really ambitious and intend to somehow record it and post it to some webspace so those from Session one don't miss out too much.

yay!! how come you played it for them and not us? eh? eh?

The Song Of All Songs wasn't ready in Session 1, twas still a work in progress at that stage methinx. It did rock lots though! Just went to the Writing for Life presentation, it was really brilliant. There were some of my guys i'd never have thought would be all poetic who wrote brilliant stuff. The Irwin jokes were incessant, but hey!

Originally posted by HeyYou
    Just went to the Writing for Life presentation, it was really brilliant. There were some of my guys i'd never have thought would be all poetic who wrote brilliant stuff. The Irwin jokes were incessant, but hey!

couldnt have been as good as ours. i mean we had alans story which was a basis for a whole verse in that thing that shall not be named! and alex in general! and weatherpixies! (huzzah janet!) and sporanges (or something to that effect)!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭vikki

and dont forget that the thing that shall not be mentioned was performed at our writing for life presentation! :) it was great! memories...

hurrah! and huzzah!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

*realises niall = his dudeness*

Oh.....

finally got back to Galway.
    Session 2 was "ok" i thought, not nearly as good as previous years..

Yeah. Would probably have sucked, were it not for the fantastic batch of RA's we had. You guys rocked.

Aww! You're too good to us, but flattery gets you everywhere. Thanks for the talent show, you guys were so funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭twirly sponge

The talent show was soooo brilliant, it really was. Ashley (my roommate!) kicked ass singing plug in baby, so did everyone else in the band. Voodoo child was sooo fantabulous too, Jamie and Graham are amazing guitarists and Mike's an amazing drummer and it was all so amazing.

And that song was great Niall, it made me cry so much on the last night :/
    Post chords to it please!

Yeah, the talent show gets better every year. I was so ****in proud to be a part of it

The hosts for the talent show were indeed a LOT better than last year... and a lot better, there was actually TALENT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Funkeyhatzrock!

Sorry this is coming so late but..
    Ugh! Dermo! Niall! How much was i around you guys all session and i never even heard the melody!!! And Niall how many times did you have a guitar when i was around and not even a chord! ya sure an occasional qoute but.... I'm just so hurt *sob*... i so do not feel loved!*sniff*
    Also in response to another thread yes Dermo you are evil in fact i'm pretty sure a retraction is due in my book about you being 'a nice person deep deep deep deep deep... down' seeing as you went on to insult my intelligence!!!

Sozzy Anne, we had to keep it all hushhush, coz I didn't actually think I'd find the bollocks to get up and do it and I didn't want to get pressured into doing it.

I'll post lyrics, tabs and hopefully a recording over the next few weeks.

Thanks all session two for the warm reception, session 1: I know you guys would've been just as good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Sozzy Anne, we had to keep it all hushhush, coz I didn't actually think I'd find the bollocks to get up and do it and I didn't want to get pressured into doing it.

I'll post lyrics, tabs and hopefully a recording over the next few weeks.

Thanks all session two for the warm reception, session 1: I know you guys would've been just as good
    wow Niall plays guitar now - back when we were roommates all he used do was detune Plasticmans :p

Advertisement