Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Technical Broadband Installations

Options
  • 12-07-2004 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭

I urgently need some help here.

Are Eircom allowed to refuse to do this unless you buy Eircom broadband?

I want to buy Broadband through UTV, but apparently because I have an old (unmonitored) phonewatch system, I can't do the self install.

Eircom at first said they would do it, and are now saying they wont. They even said it was illegal, and that comreg would support them in this. I got the most snotty, obnoxious little sh!t on the line.

If I pay them line rental, should they not make an engineer available to me to fix the line (I have agreed to pay them €100 to get it done).

Help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Yes, an engineer must install broadband for you if you have phonewatch or else your phonewatch will just stop working. However, you shouldn't be calling eircom yourself. UTV should be sorting all that out for you, and if they're not....well, i'd go with IOL :)

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Scottish

UTV didn't even ask me if I had the alarm in the house. I knew that there might be some issue, but thought it was only if there was active monitoring.

Will IOL do a tech install?

I just checked the IOL website, and they are €10 per month more expensive than UTV.

Why is nothing relating to broadband easy?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭tomk

Originally posted by Scottish
    UTV didn't even ask me if I had the alarm in the house.

Did you tell them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Originally posted by Scottish
    I urgently need some help here.

Are Eircom allowed to refuse to do this unless you buy Eircom broadband?

If I pay them line rental, should they not make an engineer available to me to fix the line (I have agreed to pay them €100 to get it done).

Send a mail to Phil Nolans office , they can sort it out for you quickly.

phil.nolan@eircom.ie

• Advertisement

Thanks Muck, might do that if my plan B doesn't work...

Advertisement