Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Half life 2 system specs.

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

oh i forgot about that, if its out the same day as the rest of them ill get that instead,

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

I'll be smiling sadisticly whilst fragging Daemons in Doom3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭Runfree

hmmmmm time to buy a new pc :( Ah who knows maybe it will run on a p3 733 :rolleyes: and a 128mb ram and I won't go into my graphics card.

RunFree

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Originally posted by Deadwing
    couldnt open the page :(
    what're the specs?

If you Pc cant cope with HTML, ya aint gonna be playing HL2 :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

no Smart ass, it doesnt connect to the page and when it did it said i had to log in.

• Advertisement

new Doug Lombardi interview.....i think they do more interviews in that place than work :rolleyes:

1. Computer Games Romania: First of all, can you tell us what shape Half-Life 2 is in? Still standing for a summer release or should we fear a delay towards the end of 2004 or spring 2005?
    Doug Lombardi: Things are progressing very well. We are planning to deliver a release candidate to Vivendi in August and we're hoping to see the product on store shelves this fall but we do not have a confirmed ship date at this time.

2. Computer Games Romania: What about the Half-Life 2 SDK? Will it still be available before the game ships?
    Doug Lombardi: We don't have an exact date for release of the SDK, but the first version should come very close to our completing development on the game itself.

3. Computer Games Romania: Will you ship Half-Life: Source and Counter-Strike: Source in the same time with Half-Life 2?
    Doug Lombardi: Yes, we plan to make them available at the same time.

4. Computer Games Romania: Does Half-Life: Source include multiplayer as the original Half-Life did?
    Doug Lombardi: Not at launch.

5. Computer Games Romania: More important, will Counter-Strike: Source be free for Half-Life 2 owners?
    Doug Lombardi: It will be included with Half-Life 2.

6. Computer Games Romania: What part will Steam play in the distribution process? Do you plan any improvements for Steam?
    Doug Lombardi: Half-Life 2 will be available via Steam at the same time it is available at retail stores.

7. Computer Games Romania: After its release, many players will hurry to get their copy through Steam first. Can Steam handle such a load?
    Doug Lombardi: We're taking several steps to accommodate the demand, and we'll soon find out if our guesstimates were accurate.

8. Computer Games Romania: Do you plan to release a demo of Half-life 2 when the time comes?
    Doug Lombardi: Most likely - but not until the full game is done.

9. Computer Games Romania: Do you expect Half-Life 2 to start a new era of modding?
    Doug Lombardi: We hope so. With Half-Life 2/Source, we are planning to continue our support for the MOD community (MOD Expo, releasing the SDK, etc.) and extend that support by working with partners such as Softimage, ATI and others. A great example of this is the release of Softimage XSI EXP for Half-Life 2, the free version of our modeling tool that was created and released explicitly for the Half-Life 2 MODding community.

10. Computer Games Romania: Should we expect a Collector's Edition of Half-Life 2 close to its release date? Can you give us some details about its contents?
    Doug Lombardi: It is my understanding that the Collector's Edition willbe released at retail at the same time as the standard edition. I do not have the final contents, but I can tell you that it will include a mix of extra playable content as well as some collectable type of items.

11. Computer Games Romania: Are there any anti-cheat measures in Half-Life 2 and Counter-Strike: Source?
    Doug Lombardi: Yes. VAC will be extended to Source and activated upon launch.

12. Computer Games Romania: For most of us summer is already here and, usually, this time of the year prices for hardware do tend to go down. What would you recommend as an upgrade for players who would like to experience the best gameplay and graphical details possible? Many of us would feel better if we were prepared when the time comes.
    Doug Lombardi: Having the best hardware is always going to be a plus. And we've designed the Source engine to take advantage of both today's leading components as well as those on the horizon. Having a fast processor and lots of RAM is always recommended for fast-paced 3D applications. However, in the case of Half-Life 2, the number 1 upgrade I can recommend is the latest GPU from ATI - that will result in more enhanced detail and superior framerate.
    For reference, here are the system requirements - obviously the recommended does not represent the highest possible configuration, just one that should provide most if not all the detail at over 30 frames per second.

Min:
    1.2 GHz Processor
    256MB RAM
    DirectX 7 graphics card
    Windows 2000/XP/ME/98
    Mouse
    Keyboard

Preferred:
    2.4 GHz Processor
    512MB RAM
    DirectX 9 graphics card
    Windows 2000/XP
    Mouse
    Keyboard

13. Computer Games Romania: Codename: Gordon was a huge success. Do you plan a sequel or another Jump 'n Run game inspired by the Half Life universe?
    Doug Lombardi: Nothing to announce right now in terms of another platformer. However, the team at Nuclearvision does have more Codename: Gordon content on the way.

14. Computer Games Romania: DOOM 3 and S.T.A.L.K.E.R. will be also released this year so you've got some competition out there (and there's the already released FarCry also). How do you feel about it? Do you find competition in this industry to be the engine which powers its progress?
    Doug Lombardi: Maybe I'm just an old timer, but I really believe that it makes no difference whether you drive a Porsche or a Vette or a Beetle to the party. At the end of the day, the game experience is what matters. Regarding competition, we're gamers like everyone else and are very much looking forward to playing DOOM 3 and S.T.A.L.K.E.R. And, if all these games turn out great, it's better for the industry.

15. Computer Games Romania: What do you think will happen after Half-Life 2 will be released? Will it really take you that long to develop Half-Life 3?
    Doug Lombardi: Unfortunately, we never stop working here. For instance, our work on TF2 will continue and I'm sure we'll be working with the community as HL2 takes off. That said, the very first thing happening after the release of Half-Life 2 involves much tequila.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

ive Athlond 64, 3000 xp
    and 512 DDR
    and ATi radeon 9600 pro (i think thats Dx9)

hope it runs.

P.s : thanks L5 for that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

register at Fpscentral yah gits ;)

kdjac

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

happy days!! will upgrade to a gig of ram for smooth running

"Recommended:
    2.4 GHz Processor
    512MB RAM
    DirectX 9 graphics card
    Windows 2000/XP
    Mouse
    Keyboard"

Damn,im sorted for the cpu and gfx card, but i better overclock my keyboard :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Is HL2 going to be optimised for athlon 64 like farcry?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Originally posted by KdjaC
    register at Fpscentral yah gits ;)

Stop pimping your website :p

Advertisement