Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

oxegen feedback

Options
  • 12-07-2004 8:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭

Hey to all you lucky people who got to go to Oxegen, just wanna know what everyone thought of the acts and general feedback, I heard Muse were brilliant among others. I was one of the poor suckers who was like Ill leave it to the last week to buy a ticket:( I surely learned my lesson!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭ThrAx

There weren't any metal bands there were there? I wouldn't have minded getting a free ticket to that, i would've just gotten so drunk that I wouldn't have remembered all the ****e "bands" that played. Not worth paying for imo though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭wiped

I got a free ticket for the Sunday ....... excellent laugh ... got some great grass too

Drifted in and out of the tents catching 20mins or so of a few different acts ...

Waiting Room are the most aptly titled band to come along in years .... it felt exactly like being in a waiting room .... bye !!!

Wu Tang Clan - absolute sh.ite - thought I might have some tolorence for a bit of Rap ... but they were just nonsense.

Ash - saw a bit of them (thanks to the rain ) - they were OK ...

Jimmy Cliff - fuc.kin superb ... I can't believe no-one mentioned him here yet ... the fuc.kin tent was jammed for him , I know I wasn't the only one there !!!

Then rounded it off with The Darkness - great show , great guitarists - super riff-a-rolla , really enjoyed it but having seen them in Vicar St too and being able to predict the entire set , I think the boys desperately need a 2nd album ...... before it's all stale.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

Had the chicken pox and had to go home on Saturday without having seen a single band. FEEL MY PAIN! :ninja:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭gogul

Wasn't much impressed with Ash...they have good riffs and potential, but I cant get with the singer's voice.

Kings of Leon were quite good..but they're not really my thing

PJ Harvey was well hot...dressed to the nines. Two drummers on stage really added to the power of her songs. FYI, she has announced a gig in Olympia for Sep 1st. Tickets on sale now €40.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭princess penny

**** just realised I posted this in the wrong section....on the otherhand, where should i have posted it?forgot to add, I got my Pj Harvey ticket for September, I thought 40 euro was a bit steep but what the hey!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭0utshined

Originally posted by wiped
    Jimmy Cliff - fuc.kin superb ... I can't believe no-one mentioned him here yet ... the fuc.kin tent was jammed for him , I know I wasn't the only one there !!!

Yeah, I was there too. I only saw the last 15 mins but he was very entertaining. I would have been there for longer but it was really hard to get in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

muse were the best band i saw. ash were superbly class cover of the boys are back in town was great. future kings of spain were great but the crowd was ****e. snow patrol had circles and dispite playing excellently i dont see whay thier scene and circles have in common. giveamanakick were greattttttt

Advertisement