Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Changes in Kerry

• 12-07-2004 8:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭

Kerry really seem to have learned some lessons after being beaten, literally by Tyrone last year.

Watching Kerry Vs Limerick yesterday I was shocked. Kerry have degenerated into another rough team in an attempt to keep up with an evolving game. I was honestly saddened to see this happen to a county famous for pure football.

It was obvious that that wasnt Kerrys style, in the first half Limerick were easily the better team. Kerry will need to knock this nonesense on the head if they are to win the reply.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

Their backs were the worst kind of trailor trash I've seen gracing a GAA pitch in the long time. Kind of crap going on there you gota support calls for a video ref.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

They were not that bad lads! It was a bad day at the office for them but I would not go writeing them off yet. They won the league and I still fancy them for the double.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

Im complaining about the sheer knackerness of them, blatent punches on and off the ball, bad tackles and bad sportmanship. Its a big change from the niave kerryman country team.

Did you know Micko only signed a 2 year contract with Laois, he says he wants to go back to Kerry and manage them, if anyone will sort them out it will be Micko, look what he has achieved with colm Parkinson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Well, the forwards played a decent, clean game. MFR and Colm Cooper just show the level the rest of the team ought to be aiming at. But little jumped-up feckers like Gavlin deserve a good hiding and to be shown the door. If you want to out-thug a team, do it for some other county damn it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭moby2101

Limerick supporter here, I was in the Gaelic Grounds Sunday, I couldn't believe the game that unfolded in front of me, I've never seen such a cynical Kerry team in all my years going to matches.

Kerry "played" some football for about 10 mins midway thru the second half and they looked like the Kerry team of old and actually looked like a threat again.

I'm afraid Limerick have blown a GOLDEN opportunity to become Munster Champions I fear it'll be another 108 years.
    WHAT was going on in the heads of the Limerick forwards for thoose last frees, ???
    WHY ddi they insist on going for long range frees,when a quick tap pass into a man inside may well have offered a better scoring opportunity.

I'll be travelling to Killarney Sunday but I'm anticipating an entirely different game and will lay any money on Kerry mauling Limerick this time in the scoring by 5 to 8 points in the final score.

Kerry wont go much further either.

• Advertisement

Kerry wont go much further either.

Care to place a wager on that? Even the best teams have bad days, look at Kilkenny in the hurling, had a bad day against Wexford so they came out and beat seven shades of muck out of Galway at the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

Limerick have blown their one chance at the munster title, I'd say Kerry will blow them out of the water next time out. Shame.

Hey Waylander,
    Absolutely my friend.
    I'll wager U 20euro that Kerry (having beaten Limerick) will play no futher part after the Semis/
    Mike

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 987 ✭✭✭Raoul Duke

You know why they've gotten rougher? It's blatantly obvious. The refereeing of football matches is a complete joke. There is absolutely zero protection for anyone with skill. I was at the game in Limerick and it was the worst refereeing I've seen in a long time. Granted the more press worthy incidents were the fault of some Kerry players and they were lucky to stay on the pitch. But Limerick resorted to just dragging down whatever Kerry man was nearby. Colm Cooper was being pulled and dragged all game long even if the ball was 80 yards away.
    The 2 incidents at the end where Griffin and Brosnan were both called for travelling despite the fact they only took about 5 steps (I counted) and had half the Limerick team dragging them down only go to highlight my point.
    This has been going on for a good few years. Tyrone and Armagh get praised for their defence and in many respects they do work their asses off but a lot of their tackling is illegal but they never get called for it.
    The line in the sand that marks what is a good tackle and what is an illegal tackle has moved in the last few years. This is why you've seen Kerry adopt a "tougher" approach this year. And if things don't change on the refereeing front it'll stay that way.

I'll wager U 20euro that Kerry (having beaten Limerick) will play no futher part after the Semis/

That is already one round further then you said in your initial post! You really think that after pone poor game they are all of a sudden a poor team?

• Advertisement

quote:
    That is already one round further then you said in your initial post! You really think that after pone poor game they are all of a sudden a poor team?

I think you may've misunderstood me..I'm tipping Kerry to win Sunday and I'm saying they'll go no further.

I wish Kerry all the best, but I dont think they have a lot to offer this time round.
    Wager still there if you fancy it.
    Mike

There is another round of matches between the provincial finals and the semi finals. Ill galdly make that bet with you that they'll at least get to the semis, but neither of us will ever collect so there is no real point.

Advertisement