Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

top 5 bands Oxegen Sunday ?

Options
  • 12-07-2004 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭

well we had saturday so........:rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Muse and The Darkness, both excellent. I didn't have any doubt before but The Darkness put on a great show to finish off the weekend. I was well pleased with their performance and am glad they headlined now. I just wish I hadn't been so wrecked from being in the Pit for half of Ash and all of Muse to not have to sit down and watch them from the screens.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭dead air

Ash were fantastic. I couldn't believe how much better they were since I last saw them live, although that was a few years ago. great set and performance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 krecording

Whatever your thoughts on Muse they were without doubt the best main stage performance. The Darkeys and Scissor sisters were the best entertainers, really got the crowd going. Ash were very good too, playing the songs we all wanted to hear, unlike other bands ie. the cure! I was mainly a main stage bitch for the weekend!

1- Muse
    2- Scissor sisters
    3- Franz Ferdinand
    4- Ash
    5- Pj Harvey
    =5- The strokes

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

1. Basement Jaxx!!!

2. Dogs Die In Hot Cars.
    3. Waiting Room.
    4. Future Kings Of Spain.
    5. Turn.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭buzzerbuckley

The Devlins
    Alphastates
    Delays
    tycho naut
    keane

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

Muse and ash were the best by far, the pit during ash was mental especially during Clones. Muse didnt play the best set, with the lack of the smallprint and thoughts of a dying atheist as well as apoclypse.

the future kings of spain were also cool, the darkness were alrite, street spirit was cool and that new song they played, hazel eyes?,that will be a number one without doubt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭The Weatherman

In no particular order:

Iain Archer
    FKOS
    Turn
    Ash
    Muse

Disappointed not seeing:

The Delays
    The Shins
    The Libertines
    Jimmy Cliff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭El Chico

Was anyone there to "witnness" the republic of loose? Amazing gig. By far my favourite of the weekend.

"She don't like that fast ****,
    That sexually harassed ****"

Highlight of the weekend when their knacker of a bassist flicked his smoke into the crowd. Just shows you how cocky they are. Class. Great players too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭marwood

I witnessed this band before the delays.

The worst band iv`e seen in years,a knacker guitarist and knacker lyrics.terrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 mooki

1. The Zutons
    2. The Delays
    3. The Urges
    4. Bic Runga
    5. Basement Jaxx

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭memaeve

Originally posted by marwood
    I witnessed this band before the delays.

The worst band iv`e seen in years,a knacker guitarist and knacker lyrics.terrible.
    What?! Their feckin' deadly!!
    Really pissed that I missed them. :rolleyes:

1) Muse
    2) Turn
    3) FKOS
    4) Ash
    5) The Darkness

My God, how depressing is it that they're the only bands I saw on Sunday so I was forced to put The Darkness in my top 5?! Thought they were pretty boring tbh. Seemed to do more talking than playing. But Muse were so feckin' good!!!

xxx me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭El Chico

Turn have gotten old and lost it. The last two times I have seen them I've been thoroughly disappointed coz I remember how class they were about 2 - 3 years ago.

Have to say I wasn't at all impressed with FKOS. Especially the bassist who looked like he really didn't want to be there. That really annoyed me. If you don't want to play to thousands of people don't be in a band. They just didn't look like they were enjoying their music. Put me in a dwoner buzz for ages. it took ROL to lift my mood

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭memaeve

Yea, t'was nowhere near as good as I've seen FKOS play before which was a pity. :(
    But Joey was dying up there....:(
    xm

Advertisement