Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom, billing and Phonewatch.

• 12-07-2004 11:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43

A couple of quick questions.

Have people had any luck getting Eircom to separate billing for broadband from the billing for the phone line? (i.e. separate invoicing and so on).

I see that IOL are currently saying that they aren't too bothered about taking subscriptions if a customer is using a monitored alarm system. Are other ISPs taking a similar line?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Originally posted by peema
    I see that IOL are currently saying that they aren't too bothered about taking subscriptions if a customer is using a monitored alarm system. Are other ISPs taking a similar line?
    Not sure about the billing question but wrt this one, Eircom are too.
    But, it only appears to be Eircom Phonewatch that won't work/cause major hassles with self installed DSL.
    I know for a fact that other types of monitored alarms (is Phonewatch that much different than the others?) work along with self installed DSL.
    The only "problem" being that the DSL connection will disconnect while the alarm kills the line after being triggered.
    The monitoring works fine otherwise, as does the DSL during non alarm ringing times.
    Check Redshift's excellent post here for a DIY rewiring guide for Phonewatch/DSL too.

Advertisement