Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Investment advice for retirement lump sum

Options
  • 13-07-2004 10:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭

Where can I get independent investment advice for someone with a lump sup of about 50k.

Some of the money will need to be accessed without much notice?

Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭jay567

Bank of ireland have a sister company called Private Banking BAnk of Ireland. They are very good, they have offices up in D4 will go though and offer you loads of different options as to what available out there. (not bank of ireland specific) Also cause of the clout they have, they can get you into options without early exit fees! A clincher for me when i delt with them. Only thing is im not sure if there is a minimum you must have before being offered a meeting.

I got to them via my local bank.

Other than that, while ur waiting to decide put it in a 21 day or 7 day notice account, not much money but better than sitting in a reg account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Have a browse around the Guide to Guide to Savings & Investments and some previous similar questions on Savings & Investments forum over on Askaboutmoney.com.

Be wary of the different types of advisors. Many advisors are basically just salesmen - they will earn commission by selling you certain products. Their advice may well be baised by the level of commission available to him.

To get independent advice, you will need to pay for that advice. Contact IFSRA for a list of Authorised Advisors in your area.

Advertisement