Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rory Gallagher Place/Paul Street

• 13-07-2004 10:33am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭

Has everyone seen the facelift that has happened in Rory Gallagher Place outside Paul Street Shopping center? I thought this will be nice......until I noticed they have taken away all the public seating and now the only seating is the area outside the Newport bar which has magically doubled in size. I think its an absolute disgrace, now there is nowhere to sit without being forced to pay some obscene price for a cup of tea/coffee and sit outside the ****ty Newport. Backhanders galore here I'd say. I thought the city facelift was to make the city more friendly and accessible? Where's the old lady going to sit with her bags of shopping from Tesco now, the tourist who wants to read their guidebook, anyone wanting to listen to a busker etc. etc. Perhaps I'm jumping the gun and there are plans to add seating, seems unlikely now though.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Yeah I noticed that. The Newports outdoor area seems to have increased massively. It actually annoys me when i am trying to walk down Careys Lane and on one side i have the annoying donut place and on the other I have loads of outdoor seating. Careys Lane has been smelling quite bad recently too.

I also want some seating back in Rory Gallagher place. Something nice to go with the brick work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭MarcusGarvey

Yeah where the fcuk are the smelly goth kids going to loiter now and talk about how cool Kurt was even though he was long dead before they first put on eyeliner ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

well I'd much prefer look at them than the people sitting outside the Newport with pull-overs around their necks and sunglasses on their heads, talking about their gold credit card and the upcoming Ford week.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

hopefully its sorted out soon!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

There's absolutely nowhere to sit down now in Cork, short of going to the Park. BTW is there anyone else who finds the smell of rancid fat from the Gingerbread house awful?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,009 ✭✭✭✭Stark

There's those "benches" that you can sit down on. Not the most comfortable things on the planet, but at least you can take the weight off your legs for a bit.

I have to make my way quickly past the Gingerbread house when they're cooking doughnuts. The smell brings back all manner of sugar cravings for me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement