Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

past life experiances

Options
  • 13-07-2004 11:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭

just read with interest the thread about OBE'S, ive never experianced one of these but i do remember a past life experiance. when we were in school we used to do this really weird thing where you would lean up against a wall hold your breath for as long as possible and as you did this a friend would press their fists very hard into your chest until you passed out at the time it was quite fun. this one time my brother did it to me actually it was my first time doing it. any way i passed out and when i woke i couldnt understand where i was as as far as i was concerned i had just been on a platfom waving goodbye to some one it felt like it was the 30's as the train had steam and we were wearing real old clothes it was like something out of a movie i knew i was watching myself but could'nt figure what was going on ,then i was back home with my brother who was going mad as i had been out cold for ten mins. the onlt explanation i can think of is that a visited a past life..... has any body experianced one of these???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭keu

yea except my experiences lasted about 9months in all.
    I know that sounds mad, but it was like a birthing procedure that I went through (like being reborn) and I don't reccomend it... although I would think you might have to get struck by lightning first :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,251 ✭✭✭Elessar

Yeah I know a few people who have had past life experiences, although it was done using a therapist. We have all lived many lives on the physical plane, your experience was probably a recolection of one of them.

y'know, this is an rea that really interests me, (partially because of my own experience) but I don't know of anybody in Ireland who does regression (anyone know anyone?)
    I have often contemplated studying hypnotherapy to the degree where I could apply it to past life diagnosis or for some theraputic measure, and perhaps I will at some point in the future, but I would like to see how this is performed first hand.
    so if anyone has any recommendations for regression therapists, will ya kindly pass them along.
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭fragile

Originally posted by lisa.c
    when we were in school we used to do this really weird thing where you would lean up against a wall hold your breath for as long as possible and as you did this a friend would press their fists very hard into your chest until you passed out at the time it was quite fun.

I remember that, we used to call it the Pixie trick and thought it was quite fun as well, until my mate decided it was getting boring and that I should hold his chest for twice as long, he collapsed and stopped breathing for 2 - 3 minutes - I was ****ting a brick I thought I had killed him and we were really young at the time..

The wierd thing is, the first thing he said when he come out it was Where did the white light go..I'm not superstitious and I dont believe in Past Life Experiences buy my beliefs took a shaking that day...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭Ro_79

there is a guy called Keith over at the House of Astrology in Dublin. He does past life regressions. I got mine done with him for around 50 euros, I think it was.

I learned some pretty interesting things about myself, it was an eyeopener for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭fragile

Originally posted by Ro_79
    there is a guy called Keith over at the House of Astrology in Dublin. He does past life regressions. I got mine done with him for around 50 euros, I think it was.

He charges €50 to tell you about your past life experiences, ehm, how do you know he isn't making it up :dunno:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭Ro_79

nah I know because it came from my mind not his.. he didnt tell me anything, it was a past life regression and it summed up what I beleived in before I went to him...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭The Clown Man

Actually I have never really had one singular experience with this but ever since I was small I have always sort of remembered things about Japan. Like, I've seen the odd japanese movie which is about the only real life contact I have with the place. But for some reason I have always sort of known things about how they lived around 100 years ago.

But I was watching "The Last Samurai" a couple of weeks ago and I found myself thinking "actually that is how they did that" and "nah it wasn't done like that" or "nah that's wrong" and then thinking to myself that I had never actually learned any of this anywhere. I just knew. I don't know how. I sure as hell can't explain it but I'm sure it must have been something from a past life or something.

It's like tablemanners. Your not really thinking about how you sit and eat but yet it's something you have learned that is right or wrong and you know how it should be done...

Maybe that's a bad example.

Anyway.

Suffice to say I didn't sleep much that night.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Actually I have never really had one singular experience with this but ever since I was small I have always sort of remembered things about Japan. Like, I've seen the odd japanese movie which is about the only real life contact I have with the place. But for some reason I have always sort of known things about how they lived around 100 years ago.

But I was watching "The Last Samurai" a couple of weeks ago and I found myself thinking "actually that is how they did that" and "nah it wasn't done like that" or "nah that's wrong" and then thinking to myself that I had never actually learned any of this anywhere. I just knew. I don't know how. I sure as hell can't explain it but I'm sure it must have been something from a past life or something.

It's like tablemanners. Your not really thinking about how you sit and eat but yet it's something you have learned that is right or wrong and you know how it should be done...

Maybe that's a bad example.

Anyway.

Suffice to say I didn't sleep much that night.

Cool.

I was Kublai Khan. No not really, but I wish I was, that'd be cool.

But you get to be a samurai for a past life, how cool is that? Or maybe you were a rice farmer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭elivsvonchiaing

I've read scripture: Bible - Upanishads - Zohar (limited it's hard to get in English)- (if I may dare) Carlos Casteneda.

I bought into some of what I read until I was in my 30's then I started to believe that it is just that the Universe itself remembers everything - somehow we can relate to and access past memories - I don't believe in re-incarnation. I was impressed (partially) by the movie A.I. in which Stanley Kubrick post-humously iterated my exact thought. Apart from that I'd give the movie just 5 out of 10.

• Advertisement

I'd kind of have to agree. My understanding is that everything is occuring simultaneously, subjects like the akashic files can be understood as a collective of memories. Just take a file and have a read. (past life experience)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭DriftingRain

Not so sure....I believe in any of it!

I've have the typical ESP type experience in which I have seen something in a dream that was about to happen.

But...Never anything past life like... :rolleyes:

Would like to read more things though...write on!!!

~DR~

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

"I was impressed (partially) by the movie A.I. in which Stanley Kubrick post-humously iterated my exact thought."

You LIKED that pile of nonesense that was a bad attempt to wrap up a disappointing movie? Come on, space time pathways, or what ever they called it? I do like the idea that th euniverse remembers things, but that movie, ugh, that movie...

phlematic wrote:
    "I was impressed (partially) by the movie A.I. in which Stanley Kubrick post-humously iterated my exact thought."

You LIKED that pile of nonesense that was a bad attempt to wrap up a disappointing movie? Come on, space time pathways, or what ever they called it? I do like the idea that th euniverse remembers things, but that movie, ugh, that movie...
    Nah. I just liked the fact that my idea was in it.

It does have its merits if you have a copy on VHS - you can tape over it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭MeatProduct

My girlfriend (a hypnotherapist) did a session on me and it was very interesting (to start with) and then became quite alarming. I was in Germany or Austria and I was a farmer of some sort. My hands were very coarse from working the land and I lived in a tiny shack. All my friends were dead and I got the impression that it was after one of the wars. I'm looking forward to my next one.

Nick

My girlfriend (a hypnotherapist) did a session on me and it was very interesting (to start with) and then became quite alarming. I was in Germany or Austria and I was a farmer of some sort. My hands were very coarse from working the land and I lived in a tiny shack. All my friends were dead and I got the impression that it was after one of the wars. I'm looking forward to my next one.

Nick
    This has just reminded me of a childhood experience. I found a German war medal (WW2 I think) in some old family stuff - when I was 7. No idea how it got there. I thought this was so cool and wore it around my neck all Summer.

One day I was acting Tarzan probably trying to impress my sister - probably to piss her off as she was the elected baby-sitter. To cut a long story short I fell out of an apple tree landing on my back. I couldn't breathe. I was convinced I just had been shot in the back by persons unknown. I really believed I was going to die and tried to croak such information to my sister.

Eventually I got my breath back. I believe what I was saw the death of the medal's original owner.

I've often thought back about this - was this the fanciful imaginations of a 7 year old - or was there more to it?

I believe that if there was more to it that it was the medal that provided the link to this past event - and I was not this guy in a previous life.

Advertisement