Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Simple Query

Options
  • 13-07-2004 12:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭

Is it easy to transform an application you developed in access using vb into a web based application

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

It really depends on the application, but if all it requires is some data entry, calculation and display they you should be able to convert your VB (VB6 or VB.Net?) to ASP using VBScript and some HTML to perform the input/output. Obviously the more complex the application, the more work the coversion will be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭JohnnyBravo

It requires no data entry it imports tables using a form button and i am unsure what VB it is but it is the one when you click design view of a form and then you can code behind buttons and stuff

But is there a wizard or something in access that will just transform it to the web

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

IIRC, Access can export information to ASP but I'm not sure how flexible the convertor is or if it could handle the VB that is already written. Frankly I wouldn't trust Access to do anything.

If I was doing this I'd probably just do up a few quick ASP pages using some ADODB objects to query the DB via ODBC and iterate through the result recordsets to build HTML output (probably a few simple tables).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭JohnnyBravo

Mr Brown
    You are filling me with optimism

Advertisement