Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Everton make Savage move

• 13-07-2004 12:57pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Everton have made a “substantial” bid for Birmingham midfielder Robbie Savage.

The Merseyside club are now waiting for a response from Birmingham, who turned aside Everton’s attempts to sign Savage 12 months ago.

After the Welsh international was linked again with a move to Goodison Park this summer, Blues boss Steve Bruce had urged Everton counterpart David Moyes to officially declare an interest or put an end to the speculation.

Everton’s head of public relations Ian Ross told the club’s official website, [url]www.evertonfc.com:[/url] “I can confirm that we have, this morning, lodged a bid with Birmingham City for Robbie Savage. We are now awaiting a formal response.”

Savage, 29, signed for Birmingham in May 2002 for £1.25million after five successful years at Leicester and helped the club stabilise in the Premiership following their promotion.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Bad timing then that today in one of the English papers he's tipped Liverpool to win the title!

Among Savage's quotes are as follows:

"Liverpool have Michael Owen, hopefully Baros and, of course, the newly-signed and highly-rated Cisse which looks a pretty scary set of options. "

"Liverpool has of course been a club waiting to explode for a long time and when you look at Benitez's track record you have to believe this could be the year."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

well we all know he's a bit mad...

He'd be a great signing for us....

Savage and Gravesen (if he stays) in the middle would be a great partnership...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

The thing I want to no is how can Everton make a substantia bid for anyone....?

Well they mite call two pack of King,a mars bar and a can of coke substantia but I dont.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

The speculated fee is £2.75m which is substantial for a club in so much debt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

Originally posted by eirebhoy
    The speculated fee is £2.75m which is substantial for a club in so much debt.

But that is far off the valuation I (and I would imagine Birmingham) would put on a player like Savage.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭knobbles

Originally posted by The Rooster
    Bad timing then that today in one of the English papers he's tipped Liverpool to win the title!

Among Savage's quotes are as follows:

"Liverpool have Michael Owen, hopefully Baros and, of course, the newly-signed and highly-rated Cisse which looks a pretty scary set of options. "

"Liverpool has of course been a club waiting to explode for a long time and when you look at Benitez's track record you have to believe this could be the year."

he's actually supposed to have been an everton supporter through youth.
    anyway, Steve Bruce has said that "substantial" bid will not be accepted.

they did offer over 6million for alan smith before utd signed him.
    and it looks like they'll bag a little over 1mill for radzinski from fulham.
    their lack of good work in the market at the moment is worrying me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Everton only actually offered £1m (the £1m they are getting from Radzinski).

The money will increase over a number of years (to a potential 2.5m) depending on Everton staying up and Savage playing a certain number of games.

Brum want £3.5m - all upfront.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/birmingham_city/3889971.stm

Well I think this thread is finished... he signed a new contract with brum... oh well... would have been a good signing for everton!!

Advertisement