Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DMX times for tonight (Tues) and Wednesday

Options
  • 13-07-2004 2:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭

Hey up,
    The stage times for tonight at The Ambassador are 8.00pm approx for Collie, Big Smoke Crew...

DMX is scheduled to come on stage shortly after 9.00pm.

It should be similar for Rob Kelly (with DJ OC), and DJ Flip tomorrow night (Wednesday).

If you know anyone that's still looking for tickets there'll be extra tickets on sale at the Ambassador Box Office tonight and tomorrow.

Doors: 7.30pm sharp.

Original tickets valid for...
    Tuesday, July 13th (Original Date - Sunday, June 27th ’04)
    Wednesday, July 14th (Original Date - Monday, June 28th ’04)

Cheers,
    J

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Trip

I've got a few questions .
    I've heard some of rumors about DMX

1) That he has retired
    2) That he signed for shady aftermath(which would contradict the 1st)
    3) That he sided with Ja Rule and is now "macking" with him

there are probily all bull****e but i thought i'd ask none the less

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Answers to your rumours

1) Yes he has retired. Because he felt the rap industry was all messed upo right now and that artists didnt get what they deserve

2) No definitely not , obviously because he has retired. Aftermath/Shady would probably be the last label he'd ever sign to in my opinion.

3) No he hasnt sided with Ja Rule. They've been feduing for years. Check out songs like Ruled Out and Rob All Night for disses to the R'n'B singer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭echomadman

"retired"?

touring and doing gigs is an odd definition of retired
    I suppose he has to feed the crack monkey though

Well seeing as how he sang with 50cent and Eminem i doubt he would hate gettin involved with shady records and aftermath!

Im not saying he'd get hate for joining Aftermath , but the reason he retired was because of the power of the labels , so imagine what he'd say if he ever was given the offer to join Aftermath , the biggest label out there now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

I'd say Def Jam is still bigger than Aftermath.

Anyway these are only subsidiaries, Def Jam is part of Island Records, Aftermath is part of Interscope iirc.
    They're the daddies, not the subsidiaries.

Naw Aftermath is the stronger label now : Dre , Ice Cube , Eve , Busta Rhymes , 50 Cent (with Shady records). Def Jam used to be , not anymore , there going down the Deathrow road.

As for this subsidaries business , be honest who would people know more , Interscope or Shady/Aftermath , so as far as name goes Shady/Aftermath is the more recognisable.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Def Jam is the biggest rap label out there. Rawkus is the one I'd give most respect though.

I'd say a DMX gig would be fairly gay as he'd stop to pray every 2 songs.

Originally posted by RebelRockChick
    As for this subsidaries business , be honest who would people know more , Interscope or Shady/Aftermath , so as far as name goes Shady/Aftermath is the more recognisable.

Interscope own them. Shady/Aftermath are Interscope, anything they do is Interscope. Those artists may be signed to Aftermath but they're really signed to Interscope.
    Don't be fooled, Shady/Aftermath may be more well known to the average joe that listens to rap, but Interscope don't just do rap. So as far as the name goes, Interscope is more recognisable.

Def Jam is still imo bigger than Shady/Aftermath.

Rawkus is a good label, they have a good roster. Much better artists than on Aftermath.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Cannibal Ox

Rawkus = dead.
    They ended around January.

• Advertisement

Rawkus was a good label so.:)

So who are Mos Def, Kweli and monche signed to now?

Monche is on Shady Records, should be putting a new album out very soon.
    Haven't got a clue about Mos or Kweli though.

Well with Eminem's new album supposibly out later this year and dre's supposibly end of year than aftermath will really shoot out to take the gold in best label race :D

Detox isn't coming out anymore, he put it on "hold" again and pretty much said he'd never release it. He said he wanted to work with other artists instead.
    Still, with Monche, Eminem, D12 and maybe another chart topper from 50 my vote goes to Aftermath being the biggest. It's got more international appeal then Def Jam imho.

Detox was who's album now ?

Dre is aftermath isn't he?

Detox was Dre's album, and yeah Dre is Aftermath.

Advertisement