Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

haunted overnight stay i

• 13-07-2004 2:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭

Hey all.

A group of us are wanting to stay in a haunted castle overnight. Preferably in the SOuth East of Ireland.

Could someone point me in the right direcion?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

*points at Loftus Hall in Wexford* there you go.....good luck, your going to need it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭malico

PRAI are doing an open investigation on the 31st if you wanna come!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Loobz

ANy more info on that Milaco? Would be very interested. What exactly are ye gonna do? Where is it etc etc?

If you have a look on our website, http://www.praofi.org, all the details are there. Many people from Boards are going. Its camping and overnight at an outside locations. Many others have joing in Open investigations in the past and had a lot of fun and frights! :)

Ian

Very good. Basically there are a group of us who would like to go. Is it a camping event? Its basically a team day out thing that our company will fund for us. This sounds good.

• Advertisement

That's fine. It will be an overnight investigation of a haunted area. PRAI run these from time to time.

How many of you are there? do you have transport? (get the company to hire a van!) If you've any questions, I'm ian@praofi.org

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

This investigation is going to be massive... O_o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭misswex

Originally posted by Zhane
    *points at Loftus Hall in Wexford* there you go.....good luck, your going to need it

You ever actually stayed in Loftus Hall Zhane?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Bee

Haunted? You should try Clonegal Castle Ennischorthy.

The Right Honorable Lady Olivia Durdin-Robertson (Blessed Be!) would be happy to show you around this wonderful place. She is a wonderful individual and genuinely the most psychically endowed female I have ever and will ever meet.

The castle is the oldest lived in castle in the state. It has a multitude of Ghosts with my favorite being one along the Yew walk. There is nothing to be scared of here as the most you will experience is either a serene prescence or be blessed with the appearence of the "white woman".

Methinks Satori would be in, forgive me... his/her element here.
    Her good self and friends have are founders of the "Fellowship of Isis" . Basically a gentle new age group of like minded individuals who worship Deity in the female aspect with obviously Isis being a major one.

The basement has been transformed into various shrines to different female Deities. A bit of a smorgasboard of female Goddesses. One for the New Ager's , the curious and the downright nosy!

Bee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Originally posted by Bee
    Haunted? You should try Clonegal Castle Ennischorthy.

The Right Honorable Lady Olivia Durdin-Robertson (Blessed Be!) would be happy to show you around this wonderful place. She is a wonderful individual and genuinely the most psychically endowed female I have ever and will ever meet.

The castle is the oldest lived in castle in the state. It has a multitude of Ghosts with my favorite being one along the Yew walk. There is nothing to be scared of here as the most you will experience is either a serene prescence or be blessed with the appearence of the "white woman".

Methinks Satori would be in, forgive me... his/her element here.
    Her good self and friends have are founders of the "Fellowship of Isis" . Basically a gentle new age group of like minded individuals who worship Deity in the female aspect with obviously Isis being a major one.

The basement has been transformed into various shrines to different female Deities. A bit of a smorgasboard of female Goddesses. One for the New Ager's , the curious and the downright nosy!

Bee

wow are you talking in third person about yourself or am i totally lost? :dunno:

• Advertisement

Bee, can you e-mail me contact details? If its as haunted as you say, PRAI would like to have a look.

Ian

(ian@praofi.org)

Originally posted by misswex
    You ever actually stayed in Loftus Hall Zhane?

I was told about that place by some tourists on the train... That would be a good place to go, from what I heard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭TUTS

Sounds alright...

http://www.loftushall.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭misswex

Um, Loftus Hall could show you guys a thing or two!!

Ye never know :)

OK People,

The group of us want to go to the Kilua Castle Investigation in Westmeath. Can we bring alcohal? We dont think we can go if we cant have a sup.

We are not a bunch of hooligans or anything. Everytime we try organise a team night out it usually ends up in a stupid pub somewhere. This investigation really seems like a good idea to all of us. We would just like to have a few cans or somethin during the course of the night.

We need to know because we dont have long left to organise this. Thanks.

Hi Loobz,

unfortunatly, no alcohol or drugs (unless prescribed by a medical practitioner) are permitted before or during an investigation. Some investigation sites are dangerous and difficult to navigate and if you are intoxicated you are a danger to yourself and the team. Alcohol / drugs also impair the senses therefore anything you see or hear while intoxicated must be dismissed as non-valid evidence.

Sorry about that,

Ian

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

The castle in Clonegal is Huntington Castle, I used to go down there as a nipper in the Summer.

Very scary!!!!!!!!!

WWOOOOO!!! GHOSTSSSSSS

No problem Ian - we will have to knock it on the head so.

All the best with the Investigation.

I was wondering, is there anywhere in the south east that you would recommend to go camping? Any castles around the place at all? Not Loftus Hall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭sam_hain

Just to point out about Loftus Hall,

I went there once with the family to check it and were met with strong risistance and recently my family went back to hook head (near to it) and were told that the woman that currently owns it refuses to allow anyone near it anymore. Security is supposed to be really tight there too. :( Kind of a shame really as it looks to be a really kewl place. I have one or two photos of the outside before we were moved on.

Advertisement