Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish radio stations are all the same!!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

BBC Radio 1 and 2 wipe the floor with most Irish radio stations.

Spin 103.8 isn't too bad during the day...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭grumpytrousers

I say bring back this pair...quality radio

smashienicey_1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

You all have open internet connections, listen to internet radio. It's vastly superiour to anything available "in country".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Velvet Vocals

Bring back Phantom!! God.... we really miss it. There is nothing out there to fill that gap! I do listen to Today FM and I love Tom Dunnes show but you get so SICK of the same format day in, day out. They are all at it... Ok time for a song *add break*then the traffic *ad break* oh then the competition *ad break* then something funny *ad break* then the alterative song *ad break* back to main stream.... :o
    You notice it the most in the morning, if you flick from one station to another in the morning they are nearly always doing the same thing, if not they are only a few minutes of each other.
    When I was in America I just loved all the stations they had, the choice was fantastic. I know that our audience isn't big enough to warrent all those stations but if we had some kind of public access thing that would open the way for stations just like Phantom..... we can but dream

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Velvet Vocals

iMax wrote:
    You all have open internet connections, listen to internet radio. It's vastly superiour to anything available "in country".

Yes but I don't have the internet in my car.... That's where I do the most radio listening... I think a lot of people are like that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

You can get Satellite radio for the car (think it's called X-Radio), which would enable you to pick it up, or do what I do, get the playlists for the astations, download, burn a CD.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Blisterman

How do you get that? I'd love sattelite radio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 625 ✭✭✭ThreadKiller

Blisterman wrote:
    How do you get that? I'd love sattelite radio.

http://www.xmradio.com

http://www.xmradio.com/roady2/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet, but John Kelly's 'Mystery Train' on Radio 1 is pretty good. Some of the stuff is a bit far out, but he does play a few gems. There aren't too many ads on it either, from what I remember. (It has been a while since I've listened).

KR

Advertisement