Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where to buy a new bike

Options
  • 13-07-2004 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I'm looking to buy a new bike,
    can spend upto €450.
    main uses on road, but would like the option to go cross country as well.

Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance

Bob

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭Fudger

where to buy a new bike

a bike shop.....sorry couldn't resist.

I got a Raleigh mantaray a few weeks back cost €300 in all, got a few bits a bobs added but basic has front suspension, grip shift blah blah and its a pretty good all rounder...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭silverside

bikes:
    Trek or Specialized Hardrock

shop: either cycleways on parnell sq or the bike shop in tallaght village (can't remember name)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

Originally posted by silverside

....or the bike shop in tallaght village (can't remember name)

imaginatively titled 'the cycle superstore'.

it's a good shop though, i found it a lot better than cycleways for the lower price machinery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭silverside

The one I am talking about is small and in the village itself, around the corner from a petrol station, on a back road.
    I think the cycle superstore is beside a motor factors and the main road.

The cycle superstore is OK but this one is even better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭Cassiel

think its called "the cycle inn" it's on the Greenhills Rd, centre of the village about 100 metres from the traffic lights/petrol station.

Is there a place on the Long Mile Rd. also called Eurotrek?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37 cravian

I can recommend the Specialized Hardrock - I got one myself a few months back from Cycleways in town for €399 for the work commute and have started some leisure stuff at the weekend as it's so nice :)

Some people don't like them, but I'd also get some cheap mudguards for those choice wet days.

Advertisement