Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

EIGHTEEN TONNES of fireworks!!!

• 18-05-2001 2:45am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭

That's right... Eighteen! (18) tonnes of fireworks are due to be let off, all in perfect rhythm to a musical score, bang in the heart of the Dublin city centre. Thats three times bigger than the first time they did it.

Skyfest, a part of the St. Patrick's Festival weekend, is expected to draw a crowd numbering anywhere up to 1 MILLION to Dublin. Shur the craic'll be mighty, altogether...

More info at http://www.stpatricksday.ie/daytwo.html#sky

So... who's going? smile.gif ... and where to for pints afterwards? !

Bard
    Are ya right there Paddy?... H'up ya boya!... Top'o'the mornin' to ya'!... Begorra and begosh... (etc.)

[This message has been edited by Bard (edited 18-05-2001).]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

thats a really strange number.
    i had access to a guys ftp in holland and his town (and his house) was blown up with that amount of fireworks..i think...

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

..Blow up a house? You could challenge the FCA with that...

Nasty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭SHAMAN

That sounds like something the IRA will probably sabotage...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭boddah

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
    Against a backdrop of longest firing site in Europe, stretching from the Point Depot to the Customs House, and with this year's exclusive soundtrack, mixed by top Irish DJ Johnny Moy
    </font>

excuse my blatant ignorance, but who the phuck is johnny Moy and who's bright idea was it to let a DJ(DJ==>dance music==> frown.gif) organise the music for irelands national festival?

Durty auld MORRIS drums...
    they're fu*kin' great!!

[This message has been edited by boddah (edited 18-05-2001).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭harVee

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by boddah:
    excuse my blatant ignorance, but who the phuck is johnny Moy and who's bright idea was it to let a DJ(DJ==>dance music==> frown.gif) organise the music for irelands national festival?
    </font>

There is no excusing ignorance of that level. Moy is one of the biggest DJs/promoters this country has ever produced.
    Anyway, what is wrong with letting a DJ sort the music? Somebody who puts beats together for a living will have a better idea of what makes people move than some PR moron from an agency.
    I'd love to hear you alternative suggestions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 932 ✭✭✭yossarin

yeah - but johnny Moy ...

why not one of the up n comers?
    glen brady ?

still - i saw it last night the display was pretty good and the music not too bad i have to admit

[This message has been edited by yossarin (edited 20-05-2001).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭boddah

frown.gif ohcome on... i tuned in for a few minutes, and all i could hear was U2's "beautiful day" against a backround of UNCE UNCE UNCE UNCE... don't you think someone could have done a little better on our national holiday?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Ahhh Johnny moy rocks any way I was there it was very nice smile.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

i was there too, all irished up for the fake st patricks day. got some photos too. might post them up when they develop.

adnans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭Son of Blam

Johnny Moy, I've never heard him actually produce anything and as a DJ I've heard mixed reports. I've seen him play a few good sets and a lot more bad ones.

Glen Brady, I've heard some excellent DJ sets from him, but the tracks he's actully made himself are pretty average to poor. He releases stuff in Influx (Moy is the head honcho of the Influx "Krew").

-Son of Blam

• Advertisement

Did u here they were first experimenting with fireworks and there was almost an explosion but they got a really fat man 2 sit on themand disaster was averted....
    Ofcoursehehadabadgasproblemafterwards!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SHAMAN:
    Did u here they were first experimenting with fireworks and there was almost an explosion but they got a really fat man 2 sit on themand disaster was averted....
    Ofcoursehehadabadgasproblemafterwards!
    </font>

it was enschede and i have been there. home of he very fine grolsh brewery.
    shaman, you truely are a many of humourous talents...
    i think you ought to go out and show the world these talents. please. now.

One Of your Imps Does A Good Impersonation Of You
    He Can Even Do The Ears.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">There is no excusing ignorance of that level. Moy is one of the biggest DJs/promoters this country has ever produced.</font>

Absolutely, how DARE you not know who some random niche "musician" who plays in a small area of club culture or suchlike. Heretic!!

Jesus, like anyone gives a shíte about these people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭zeemoud

i can see one problem with this if they send up 18 ton. of fireworks up won't it all/mostly fall to the earth againn as dust/sut.which will undo alot of the good work like the cleaning of trinity/central bank. and just think of the birds they can't breath in that much dust.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

I'm sure alot of it would burn up smile.gif therefore converting it to gas )which is less dense then Air) Which wont fall back down.

John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Thorbar

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">i can see one problem with this if they send up 18 ton. of fireworks up won't it all/mostly fall to the earth againn as dust/sut.which will undo alot of the good work like the cleaning of trinity/central bank. and just think of the birds they can't breath in that much dust.</font>

Are you being sarcastic or are you just thick?

Also I've been to some of these big firework displays and I've noticed how the music almost never correlates to the fireworks in any noticeable way. Also they generally have the music playing over a ****e PA system. So my point is doesn't matter what DJ they pick it wont sound that great. Also techno/dance/whatever they're calling it this week is ****e get some real musicians like boyzone to do the music.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 932 ✭✭✭yossarin

the dust: it doesn't matter - it'd just go into the river, and we dont care about that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Oogy_Boogy

Oogy_Boogy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by adnans:
    i was there too, all irished up for the fake st patricks day. got some photos too. might post them up when they develop.

adnans
    </font>

true to my word, here they are and for some people that get some funky a$$ 404 error click here for de photos.

adnans

[This message has been edited by adnans (edited 31-05-2001).]

[This message has been edited by adnans (edited 31-05-2001).]

FATMAN!FATMAN!FATMAN!DNNDNNDNNDNN FATMAN!

• Advertisement
Advertisement