Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Major Kira after 911

Options
  • 13-07-2004 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭

Do you think the writers would still have made Major Kira an unrepentant terrorist after 911? I remember the one episode where she was kidnaped and one Cardassian who worked as a Butler/ House service was badly injured in one of the Majors bombing, yet she did not apoligise for it, in fact she felt quiet justifed in bombing the place, even though the Cardassian was not a member of the military.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Well they where freedom fighters not terrorests tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

no i understand that, but the point im trying to make is , do u think after 911 would the writers have covered the subject as frequently as they did and also make major kira as unrepentant as she was?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

I dont know i never though of the bajor underground as anything but a ligit army tbh maybe thats just me.The writers might not have covered the story so much for fair of upseting the american public i guess.

Another question if the writers had done the whole freedom fighters fighting against an evil goverment today would we see it as american proaganda ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭The Admiral

Originally posted by magick
    Do you think the writers would still have made Major Kira an unrepentant terrorist after 911? I remember the one episode where she was kidnaped and one Cardassian who worked as a Butler/ House service was badly injured in one of the Majors bombing, yet she did not apoligise for it, in fact she felt quiet justifed in bombing the place, even though the Cardassian was not a member of the military.

Maybe your question should not be related to 911 but to the war in Iraq. :p Do the "freedom" fighters over there - who fight American agression and occupation just as the Cardassian occupation of Bajor - have any legitimation ? And would THAT have had any impact on the script writers ? Maybe not. Maybe it would have had an impact on the American people so they might get the insight that THEY themselves are the agressor. Isn't there a saying: "The people get the leaders they deserve ?"
    I"m thinking of Bush, by the way, not of Saddam ;)

The Admiral

Advertisement