Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Embrace - remember them?

Options
  • 13-07-2004 4:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭

Jesus - talk about memory lane. Don't think i've listened to them in about 3 years. Apparently they'r ereleasing a new single, "Gravity" at the end of August. What are the odds they'll be as good as they used to be - the odds are probably against it, but here's hoping...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭leuler

Its written by Chris Martin, so could do well. It will get airplay anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Their first album "The Good Will Out" is an absolute classic album!

I think I'll be having a listen to it when I go home tonight!!

Although they went steeply downhill at the first album!

B.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

I loved the first album too, I'm sick of Chris Martin writing songs for people

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Kone

No way, these guys suck! The lead singer hasn't a note in his head, I remember him 'singing' live at Glastonbury one year, it was the funniest piece of television I ever saw! and then there was the 'comeback track' "Hooligan" an annoying piece of crap!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

i like hooligan!! every to their own i suppose

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

Embrace are on the come back. They are good friends with Chris Martin and it was he who decided that it didn't sound like a coldplay song and that Embrace would do a better job at it. I have Gravity playing non stop on the computer and I have to say it's a fantastic song. It still has the piano part that Chris Martin used when he played it live. I'm listening to The Love It Takes from the Drawn From Memory album. Best song imho would be either My Weakness Is None Of Your Business or Retread

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Originally posted by BaZmO*
    Their first album "The Good Will Out" is an absolute classic album!

I think I'll be having a listen to it when I go home tonight!!

B.

my friend gave me the good will out album as he didn't like it, its a quality album and i listen to it now and again, have to say i like embrace

data

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

I'm actually listening to The Good Will Out now. That song reminds me of when he jumped down from the stage on witnness and a gig in the Olympia and I managed to shake Danny's hand at both gigs. I met the guys a few times before and are real nice fellas to meet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Originally posted by BaZmO*

I dunno - I thought the 2nd album was very good. Went on holidays September 01 with some friends - we brought a cd player and that was one of the few cds we brought - must have listened to it 30 times in the two weeks. It was one of the few that the men and women would agree on. Sure if I had my choice I'd put on the dillards, but you know women and their desire to listen to Destiny's Child and other similar rubbish - Embrace was good common ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Fair enough. Maybe it was a grower?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Yeah - probably true - often happens - an album that could otherwise be considered dull can be elevated to a greater status by repeatedly beating it into yourself - i've often tried the I'm going to listen to this until i like it - tried it with St. Anger - didn't work :p

Advertisement