Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IE Exploits

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Zaltais

Using? Noooo... (well except for testing, see below...)
    Developing for? Unfortunately.

I don't think there's any way that you can NOT develop for (or at least not exclude), what is still in excess of 90% of the browsing population for in excess of 90% (probably) of the sites out there. And given IE's many quirks and foibles, unfortunately you can't just develop for and test on Moz / Opera / Safari etc, and hapilly know that IE will work and look exactly the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

yeah agree with Zaltais.

you have to develop for IE but if you host on linux you don't have to worry about the windows vunrebilities. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭Batbat

Ive moved to Mozilla firefox, im using it now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

I only use IE for accessing poorly developed sites (IE only ones), for intranet web content at work (a lot of this falls into category one aswell) and for testing any web content I'm developing. IE is a mess from both a security and usability point of view and anything that works perfectly with every other browser is almost guaranteed to cause problems with it and vice versa.

Otherwise I use Firefox most of the time. In some good news IE's percentage of the browser market has reduced marginally to about 93.5%.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

93.5%

is still a huge number!

note to self : install firefox on every machine i see and hide all IE shortcuts :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement