Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Laguna "Keyless " Ignition Problem

Options
  • 13-07-2004 8:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭

I drive a '01 Laguna II. I have just noticed that it will run without the "keyless" card in the ignition.

If you place the card only half way into the slot... enough for the radio or fan to come on... then press the start key twice.. the car starts!!!! You can take the key out and walk (or drive) away! Obviously this can't be right. Has anyone else had this prob?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

tbh id be more worried if it started without the key in the car. even if it does start with it half way into the slot, you still need to have the keycard 2 start it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I'd just worry about having a car that used plastic to run it! What happens if say junior decidees to treat the card to cigarette lighter treatment and you come back from the corner shop to discover your key dripping on the mat!

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,388 ✭✭✭BrianD3

My 03 Laguna does this too. Must be a "feature" But it won't do it if you just put the card in halfway and press start. If you put the card in the fullway, don't press start pull the card out a little and then press start it will do it and then you can remove the key completely with the car running.

BrianD3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Bee

What problem?

Do you have any idea how easy it is to start a laguna without the ignition card?

I was on girls night out and loopy Delilah (actually Orna, but I won't name her to spare her blushes) lost her card!

The friendly AA guy (and I am not telling you how he opened the car) once in the cabin simply bent a **** ****** into a ******** shape inserted it into the socket for the card and viola! We could start the engine.

I think I will always stick to cars with regualr keys after seeing this happen.

Bee

• Registered Users Posts: 65,382 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Originally posted by Bee
    The friendly AA guy (and I am not telling you how he opened the car) once in the cabin simply bent a **** ****** into a ******** shape inserted it into the socket for the card and viola! We could start the engine.

:eek: What about the immobiliser? Didn't work either then? Great you gals were sorted out but the security seems like 80s stuff :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

My borther in law has an 03 Megane and you can do this put the card in the slot start the engine and take it back out. It is a "feature".

Have you had any probs with the laguna.

The megane has nearly spent more time in the garage then on the driveway with various electrical faults, engine problems, and even a brake failure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

IIRC, car manufacturers call these kind of things 'characteristics', meaning flaws/problems that are irritating they can ignore as they don't prevent the car from running.

Advertisement