Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what gamecubes games are the best

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Velcrow

zelda wind waker and Prime - nuff said

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Originally posted by tman
    my copy seems to be faulty;
    it only goes up as far as 99% scans and 99% items:(
    That's very strange.
    you know about the glitch with the phazon suit, where you only get it counted as a percentage when you pick up the last item? I'm on 98% now, when I pick up my last missile expansion it will go to 100% and unlock me Gallery 3:D The game shouldnt ever show 99% items.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Originally posted by snoopdog
    what a game i got metroid prime last week and i cant put it down its like im hooked on it what f**king class game im speech less i never had this much much since i played ninja gaiden on the xbox
    it might be down to me being drunk and not having slept for the past couple of days... but that just made my ****ing day:)
    metroid prime truely is a masterpiece. but its hard to guage how other people are going to enjoy it. i always feel a bit reluctant recommending it to someone who's never experienced a metroid game before. glad that you've taken it at face value and realised what a superb game it is.
    try not to do a "kdjac" and give up when you meet the 3rd last boss:)

rainbow kirby - now that you mention it, i think i got 98% items in my long deleted save...
    my current savegame has every item in the scan list unlocked (well,
    after you've scanned prime in its 2 forms
    ) but it only goes up as far as 99%:dunno:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭whosurpaddy

Originally posted by [CrimsonGhost]
    The first one is good, but super monkey ball 2 is just really annoying. Some of the levels require 0 skill and an infinite amount of luck. I got stuck on the level where it's a really long straigh run, but half the sections spin around, knocking you off, then the other half spin around knocking you off. It's a bit ridiculous really. The first one is great though, but you'll need more than one controller.

indeed. its not the kind of game you can go back to the start and clear in a day no matter how good you are at it, theres always a level that will stop ya.

the mini games are fantastic in 3 though (golf is the only one thats inferior to its predessor imo) monkey soccer, tennis and the much improved monkey flight (although it needs many more levels) more than makes up for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭Batbat

is viewtiful joe multiplayer?, also Im looking for a good old fashioned shooter? im thinking viewtiful joe, metroid is excellent, so i mario sunshine

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,391 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Old fashioned shooter? Ikaruga is your daddy then.

Viewtiful Joe isn't multiplayer but is so good you don't need it.

omg Ikaruga thanks thats exactly what im looking for

game never heard of it :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 54,330 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

i think im on 24 items so far im working now so dont have time in the day time

• Registered Users Posts: 54,330 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

i just got a game today finally i got the man himself mario sunshine its really my first time playing a mario game and boy do i love it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

I hated that game, hated mario 64 too but then again I got Banjo Kazooie before that and I loved Banjo.

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭-oRnein9-

Originally posted by RobertFoster
    Import Animal Crossing if you like RPGs
    No need there is a pal version available on www.cdwow.ie just to let any interested parties know.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,391 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I hated that game, hated mario 64 too but then again I got Banjo Kazooie before that and I loved Banjo.

Nice taste. Bet you prefer Busted to Metallica.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Another GC game out recently that I picked up cheap is Pool Paradise. Does exactly what it says on the tin in that you just play pool although there is a dart board :D

Not bad though. The graphics and physics are well done and there are plenty of tables to keep it interesting. Only €30 new in GAME...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Roller Toaster

Anything by Amusement Vision on the gamecube is pure gold.

Originally posted by Retr0gamer
    Nice taste. Bet you prefer Busted to Metallica.
    It's all sony to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Originally posted by snoopdog
    its really my first time playing a mario game and boy do i love it

Shocking.

Originally posted by Makaveli
    Shocking.

Mario is da King.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

i dunno now. the 2d mario games were great but they are all the same now. banjo was better than mario imo. but still the games were parctically the same apart from banjo collecting jigsaw pieces. they need to change the platform games play cause its just the same boring ol' tripe everytime. mario sunshine was crap.

evad_lhorg, you are a heretic and should be burned at the stake.

I found that the Rare platformers, while great games, were just poorer imitations of nintendos work. And they were all so sickeningly sweet that your teeth rotted while playing them.

• Advertisement

Banjo > Mario.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Roller Toaster

Originally posted by Retr0gamer
    evad_lhorg, you are a heretic and should be burned at the stake.

I found that the Rare platformers, while great games, were just poorer imitations of nintendos work. And they were all so sickeningly sweet that your teeth rotted while playing them.

Donkey Kong Country 1-3 were nothing like Mario's SNES itterations and not particularly cutesy... I can't decide on which series I like more on the SNES but the Donkey Kong games were a lot more challenging and long lasting than Mario's outings especially the awe inspiring DK2. I haven't gone back to DK2 since my retarded sister wiped my fully complete saved file which took weeks and weeks of work :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Originally posted by Roller Toaster
    Donkey Kong Country 1-3 were nothing like Mario's SNES itterations and not particularly cutesy... I can't decide on which series I like more on the SNES but the Donkey Kong games were a lot more challenging and long lasting than Mario's outings especially the awe inspiring DK2. I haven't gone back to DK2 since my retarded sister wiped my fully complete saved file which took weeks and weeks of work :mad:

Super Mario World > DKC
    Yoshi's Island > DKC2
    eh... what other snes Mario games were there?

that's not to say that the Donkey Kong Country games were in any way bad. i still rank DKC as one of my favourite snes games.

Originally posted by tman
    Super Mario World > DKC
    Yoshi's Island > DKC2
    eh... what other snes Mario games were there?

that's not to say that the Donkey Kong Country games were in any way bad. i still rank DKC as one of my favourite snes games.

I have to agree with tman Super Mario World is my favourite platform game ever, but DKC is up there too.

(But aren't we straying a little off topic.)

There is no better platform game than mario 3.

Advertisement