Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband Availability in Moate

• 13-07-2004 10:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭

I have just come across this Government Site about Broadband availability in another thread. Would it be possible for people from Moate and surrounding areas to go here and vote for broadband please? So far I was only the 3rd voter to do so and I will be informing anyone I know to go and vote there too. The site says that Esat BT offers DSL in Moate (subject to survey) but when I checked it is not available. Sat and Wireless BB are also meant to be available there to but I have no interest in them as my kids and myself play a lot of gaming on the net. So start voting. :p

OHP

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

last mile wireless operate in moate and the serivce mite be good for gaming, u shud look into it and see if anyone else has it and get them to do ping tests for you. Moate is a tiny place so i'd say it cud be a year or two before broadband even gets there, their aint enuff ppl there for the trigger thing by eircom to work either. I believe the trigger levels set by eircom are way too high for most of the towns on the trigger list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Moh is on the list of towns that will have ADSL by March 2005, it had a population of 1502 in the last census IIRC and snuck in last but not least ...of course. Your town will also get it if you had 1500 people, see Here

M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭OHP

Thanks Gonzo. I will check it out. But I still feel very strongly that BB should be available to everyone and not just by Wireless or Sat. And that Broadband should not be available only to places with a high population.
    ;)

OHP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭OHP

Hi Muck,

You made your reply while I was typing my last reply so I did not see it until now. That rate of 1500 people was set by Eircon and is a farce. They know loads of small towns villages do not have anything near that population. But I am reliably informed that a Group BB Scheme is/can be available. Do you know anything about this?

OHP

P.S. Not trying to change the subject. But are you going to attend the AGM in Athlone Muck? Would be nice to meet ya and if your a drinker, get ya a few pints :p

Advertisement