Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

C&C Zero Hour crashing to desktop

Options
  • 13-07-2004 11:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭

Generals runs fine

Zero hour shows the flash screen to start the game, but goes no further - the splash screen appears breifly adn then just goes back to desktop

I ahve re-installed both games, patched Zero hour to latest version, reinstalled vid card drivers to latest version... nothing.... I even replaced PSU in case the 9800 pro needed more power??? Tried all supported refresh rates on monitor... but still the same...

AMD 2500, 512MB DDR400, 9800 PRO, XP PRO, DX9.0b, latest catalyst drivers from ATI website...

Perplexing...

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

I have had the same sort of crap with my Ti4200 and Max Payne. Its very annoying and im not sure what the problem is.......

It went away when i had the 9700pro so i didnt bother finding the problem.

Interested to see what other people have to say about this..........

• Registered Users Posts: 6,312 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

How about a reformat? I'd be sorely tempted to do that at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

Originally posted by OfflerCrocGod
    How about a reformat? I'd be sorely tempted to do that at this stage.
    That is the muppets way out

• Registered Users Posts: 6,312 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Originally posted by Mac daddy
    That is the muppets way out
    Your suggestion being.....?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

Format does no good, ive re-formatted and installed fresh and still got the problem when i got a new HD.

Its as the game is loading which is strange, ive rules out a hardware issue with reguards temps etc ....... my bet would be on drivers? Possibly a GFX card prob but i dont think so. Annoyed me for a while, got newest drivers etc and still happens. Dont think i tried disabling fast writes / spread spectrum as i thought this might have an effect on the atual game and not the loading.

Ehhh im stumped.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

omg n00bs :D

killah go to documents and settings - user - zero hour folder- open the game.ini file and change the res to 1024x768 and save the changes.Run the game now :)

CombatCow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Dr Bolouswki

ahh mr cow... such wild confidence.... said folder contains only a file called 'options' and indeed res was listed at '1600 1200' so I switched it to 1024 768 and whaddaya know...!

It still does the exact same thing! Damn!

Such anticapatory joy dashed so quickly.

Further ideas? Forget the format / reinstall - no hassles doing it but its such a time consuming drag and I'd be fearful of having to face the same crap again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Dr Bolouswki

bump...

anyone got anything on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

suggest older drivers if it hasn't been suggested already or if you haven't tried it already.

i have a similar system but i haven't played zero hours since i've had older drivers on the card.

try the omega drivers also, just google em

data

Advertisement