Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about eircom netopia router

• 14-07-2004 12:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭

I upgraded the firmware on the Cayman 3300 series router that eircom are giving away with the free offer. But after I upgraded and I tried to get in at the configuration (by going to 192.168.1.254) it wouldn't accept the combination of username/password that worked before. Anyone have any ideas what I've done wrong?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭ven0m

Use the reset button @ the back of the modem, then try logging back into 192.168.1.254 & you should be able to......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Cryos

drane2,

If it still dosnt work you have to get windows to dial threw your modem for some reason and then goto your modems ip address and see if your user name and pass is the same there, but if you have told windows to dial threw the modem you should be on the net anyway ?

Thats what happened when we updated our firmware on the Caymen 3346

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 755 ✭✭✭Zenith74

Are there any interesting features to be had by upgrading the firmware of my 3341 anybody know? If so, where do I get it because on the Netopia site I don't see my exact model listed (3341-EIR).

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭ven0m

You could always try making a PPPoE connection IF you're using Windows XP..... which should bypass the username/pw storage within the netopia....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭tea

Originally posted by Zenith74
    Are there any interesting features to be had by upgrading the firmware of my 3341 anybody know? If so, where do I get it because on the Netopia site I don't see my exact model listed (3341-EIR).

Thanks

The latest version is on the Eircom.net support site and adds Universal Plug and Play, Stateful Inspection Firewall, and a neat 'Default server' feature that allows one PC the public IP address while the rest get private IPs.

There's probably a few other features too - overall, I think its a worthwhile upgrade.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 755 ✭✭✭Zenith74

Definitely worth while alright, thanks very much!

Advertisement