Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nine Inch Nails + Dave Grohl = Aural Orgasm

Options
  • 14-07-2004 2:22am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭

tis true, my friends... bleedthrough will feature drumming from Dave Grohl on EVERY track (or at least the 15 so far)..

where did I hear about this? well NME reported it as rumour, but none other than Trent himself has spoken about it in the access section of nin.com:

questions1.gif

to top that off, closure on DVD (have VHS, but still) and TDS in surround sound are certainly something to look forward too.

bleedthrough is shaping up to be brilliant... hopefully we'll have it by Christmas!

/me wipes droll from face, and goes to 'Ultimate Band' thread to make some changes...:D:D

flogen

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Is there anyone dave grohl wont work with?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Heard about this this morning. Excited bout new albu, not sure abou DG, but I'm sure he'll do whats right for the album, afterall, Trent's a fussy git! :D

TDS in 5.1.... I need a 5.1 system... NOW!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Tommy Vercetti

Originally posted by Deadwing
    Is there anyone dave grohl wont work with?

Kurt Cobain ho ho ho

sorry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭Buck Owens

dave grohl should stick to metal/heavy stuff, the foo fighters are pop/rock nice crap. I can't wait for this new album and DVD it's all their video's pre Fragile is'nt it,the live DVD is class

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

cant wait for then teeny hardcore grohl friends to start listening to NIN now, just like they started listening to QOTSA...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

Originally posted by Buck Owens
    dave grohl should stick to metal/heavy stuff, the foo fighters are pop/rock nice crap. I can't wait for this new album and DVD it's all their video's pre Fragile is'nt it,the live DVD is class

erm... yeah... up to the perfect drug, if I remember correctly. Theres also a tour video of TDS (more a documentary really).

I'd say Grohl will do a good job, he's an excellent drummer, and Reznor wont let him just mess around, as Einstürzende said, he's a fussy git, if it doesnt sound like the idea in his head, he'll keep at it.

Also... yes I need a 5.1 system too (and Placebo, heres hoping NIN are too heavy for teeney bopper fans, even if Grohl is attatched. I also doubt it will be as obvious he's working on it as it was with QOTSA).

flogen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭munkeehaven

man thats great, i love NIN.....its strange though, whenever i try to get any albums from trent et al all i can find are the remixes, nothing wrong with them mind but...anyway ill tell you how i got into them, ever see the film..whats it called the one where they dont go on the airplane and death goes after them..final destination I..they played ''slipping away'' when the main guy was driving madly along the road..great song..and trent is a fine piece of...:p ...got great pr from johnny cash with ''hurt''

Originally posted by Placebo
    cant wait for then teeny hardcore grohl friends to start listening to NIN now, just like they started listening to QOTSA...

Anything to bring them back to Ireland tbh!! :D:D

the only reason i went to slane last year was to see QOTSA and PJ.HARVEY....anyone listen to KYUSS?? what do you think?

Originally posted by Einstürzende
    Anything to bring them back to Ireland tbh!! :D:D

arent QOTSA dead and gone??
    Went to see them in Slane, was terrible cos its just a bad venue, wish I'd caught them in the Olympia...

Still havent seen NIN live, I think they only played here once (SFX for TDS i think)

flogen

• Advertisement

josh homme has formed a new band with some unknown dudes..cant remember their names...shyte the bands name has something to do with guns...nick oli has gone off with mod generator or whatever they are called...jaysus my memory is phucked...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

All I can say is: I think I just creamed myself.

And I'm especially glad now that I never got around to buying TDS just sticking with the copy I got off a friend :D. It'll be interesting to see whats on the second disc.

They played once, 96 I think it was, was refering to NIN in my earlier posts, not QOTSA, who are amazing, but I don't love them as much as I do Kyuss! They were just unreal.

Rodeo
    Rodeo
    Rodeo
    Rodeo

Qotsa at Slane wasn't bad, but the Olympia was way better.

what is your fav nin song?? dod you hear the one he did for ''natural born killers"? soundtrack

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭princess penny

ehh Closer ehh
    Anyone hear that probot album, grohl head was controlling that too wasnt he?
    Did NIN play here before? God never even heard of that. It would be so great if they came again and played a good intense venue, everyone'd get squished!... oh yeah cause that never happens!

Sfx, Downward Spiral tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Originally posted by munkeehaven
    what is your fav nin song??

From PHM Down In It, from TDS Closer and from The Fragile La Mer but overall its got to be Closer for me that song just defines industrial music, its just perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭krattapopov

Originally posted by Placebo

who cares that they might start listening just because of dave grohl, in fact i think its a good thing, get them to broaden their musical horizons.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

anyone listen to KYUSS?? what do you think?
    Damn good some astonishing riffs
    arent QOTSA dead and gone??
    No mark lanegan is now back in the band as are some of his former screaming trees mates.

Recent albums ghrol has drumed on
    Qosa
    Nin
    Tenacious D
    Probot
    Killing Joke
    Im sure there is more

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭hostyle

its strange though, whenever i try to get any albums from trent et al all i can find are the remixes, nothing wrong with them mind

Every second Halo (or release - some are albums, some are EPS, some are singles) is usually a remix of the previous one. I know some people who only buy the remixes (because Trent does more than just industrial). If its the hard industrial act you're after - buy odd numbered Halos (its written on every release).

• Advertisement

are trent and marilyn m. still at loggerheads or is that all over? i love the tracks that trent produced on mm's albums.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

gorhl also produced verbenas 2001 release ínto the pink'and this years rye coalition album(not sure what its called'. he was in studio with ash and garbage too.

i dont see what you peopples problem with dave grohl is. you say hes egotistical but hes really not. he is asked to work with these people. the only people he suggested to work with himself was to do the led zeppelin tour as he is a huge bonham fan. grohl only works with friends too. not just any old band he hears onn the radio.

im not a fan of NIN but ill be giving it a listen cause gorhl adds new dimensions to bands when he drums. songs for the deaf would be crap with out his amazing drumming.

are trent and marilyn m. still at loggerheads or is that all over? i love the tracks that trent produced on mm's albums.....

They 'made up' onstage during the Madison Square Gardens show of the Fragil v2.0 tour. Don't think they were ever mad at each other tbh.

anyone like alec empire???
    i bought ''intelligence and sacrifice''...there are about 3 or 4 songs i would listen to..and i havent even touched the 2nd disc..just too blippy and tweeky for me(2nd disc).maybe ill try give it another chance.....i bought it because of ''addicted to you''....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭radiospan

Originally posted by flogen
    (and Placebo, heres hoping NIN are too heavy for teeney bopper fans, even if Grohl is attatched. I also doubt it will be as obvious he's working on it as it was with QOTSA).

The last thing I want is loads of Kerrang kids hopping on the NIN bandwagon just cos Dave Grohl is on board.

My favourite NIN song would be Heresy, The Becoming, or La Mer. Hard to pick one really. The live DVD is great, too.

munkeeheaven, disc 2 of I&S is very weird all right. I like the first track (the 29 minute one), but its too hard to listen to the rest.

Disc 1 is incredible though, so many good songs. I like The Ride, Addicted To You and Killing Machine especially.

was thinking about getting some alex empire stuff, but it sounded too technoy for my like (what I heard, anyway).

I dont think I have a favorite NIN song, depends on my mood, I couldnt stop listening to the fragile recently, then I went back to normal, sometimes i think PHM sounds a bit naff, sometimes I think its really good... certainly his worst CD... but thats not a bad thing to say, its just a bit too basic and cheesey, when you compare it to TDS or The Fragile... good debut, though.

flogen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Mystic Fibrosis

It's funny, if you go onto the "ninternet" you can go as far back as last year with posts of "OMG OMG OMG NEW ALBUM OMG".....

Tbh, I think Trent should take all the time he needs to do his thing, as he gets better with every album.

One of the best bits on And All That Could Have Been (dvd) is the "interval" part where they play La Mer (beautiful song) and the video screens come down....class

One of my favorite songs would be their cover of "Memorabilia" on Closer To God. And the "Shred" mix of Down In It on the Head Like A Hole Single.

Originally posted by Mystic Fibrosis
    Tbh, I think Trent should take all the time he needs to do his thing, as he gets better with every album.

One of the best bits on And All That Could Have Been (dvd) is the "interval" part where they play La Mer (beautiful song) and the video screens come down....class

Yeah, sure he took like 6 years for the fragile.. he has plenty of money, he doesnt need to make anything too soon, he can do what he likes.

I still have to see that DVD... and get still too... he says once his legal bits and bobs are sorted out he can release still properly, and not just limited edition.

flogen

Advertisement