Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Beckham's penalty kick,the ball is for sale.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

I wouldn't even trust an eBay Powerseller to have the real ball let alone this guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭dccarm

It's not the real ball. The real one only landed in my back garden yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

€10,000,000!!!:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

EUR 10,000,000.00
    Approximately US $12,334,000.00

Im sure its not a windup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Its on the news .

how the **** does this deserve to be on the RTE news I dont know .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Real or not, at the rate Beckhams missing penos for England it's hardly going to end up being a collectors item.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭red-not-blue

Anyone know what nationality the ref was in that match? I heard on the news today about 2 Italian Refs who were involved in a match fixing ring - would be interesting to see what the english would do if he were Italian. It should never have gone to penos I think Campbells goal was fine !

Anyway 10 million is nuts for an ill fated trophy like that.

R-N-B

Originally posted by red-not-blue
    Anyone know what nationality the ref was in that match? I heard on the news today about 2 Italian Refs who were involved in a match fixing ring - would be interesting to see what the english would do if he were Italian. It should never have gone to penos I think Campbells goal was fine !

Anyway 10 million is nuts for an ill fated trophy like that.

R-N-B

Urs Meir , he's German .

and Campbells goal was rightfully disallowed .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Originally posted by Big Ears
    Urs Meir , he's German .

and Campbells goal was rightfully disallowed .

Swiss as the Sun pointed out a lot.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Originally posted by red-not-blue
    It should never have gone to penos I think Campbells goal was fine !
    R-N-B

Already had this thread and most people even the English Commentators have agreed that the goal should have been disallowed

Back on topic! why is this on the news of every radio station in Ireland and doesn't even get a mention on BBC Radio1? I listen to Radio 1 in work thru the internet and havent heard a mention of it but every morning on Spin they are waffling about it! why? do we really give a f**kin s**t where da ball is? is wasnt as if Ireland where playin them!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭The Rooster

It does appear to be the real ball.

But surely 10 million is a wind-up! I would have said the very maximum he might get would be 50,000, and even that would be extraordinary.

I've never used e-bay, it is easy to make bogus offers with no intention of paying up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

it's EUR 24,700.00. Notice the dot between 24,700 and the 00. so therefore it's 24 thousand and 700 euros.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭The Rooster

I can read numbers Dementor. Thick, but not that thick!

They've removed the multi-million bids, so they were obviously hoaxes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭por

Originally posted by neilbrady79

Back on topic! why is this on the news of every radio station in Ireland and doesn't even get a mention on BBC Radio1? I listen to Radio 1 in work thru the internet and havent heard a mention of it but every morning on Spin they are waffling about it! why? do we really give a f**kin s**t where da ball is? is wasnt as if Ireland where playin them!!

Because there are a lot of people in this country who love to dwell on the bad things that happen to English teams. And Beckhams miss is an example.

Originally posted by KdjaC
    Swiss as the Sun pointed out a lot.

kdjac

oh ya im thinking of Marcus Merk who refered the final :o .

Originally posted by por
    Because there are a lot of people in this country who love to dwell on the bad things that happen to English teams. And Beckhams miss is an example.

so do u beleive if it was Darius Vassels penalty that went into the stand instead of being saved , that this would still be on the news ?

no its because the person who kicked it has a weekly apearance in OK magazine .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭por

so do u beleive if it was Darius Vassels penalty that went into the stand instead of being saved , that this would still be on the news ?

no its because the person who kicked it has a weekly apearance in OK magazine .

Obviously cos it was Beckham there will be more interest in it, however the original post asked why are the Irish media obsessed with it when the British media are not, and no one is more obsessed with Beckham than the British media (Other than the Asians perhaps).

The reason is because we in Ireland like to dwell on England failures....., and even more so when it involves an over hyped mediocre midfielder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Harry2001

If Beckham had scored the penalty and England went through then I could understand the large bids but why would anyone want the ball from such a disastrous attempt at a penalty?

On the media’s obsession with Beckham, is there anyone in the world who has not had enough of him by now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

yes, i've disliked the ****er for about 6 years, enough is enough :)
    (Other than the Asians perhaps)
    can someone please explain this to me?
    WHY would asian people (are they even into football that much?) be obsessed with an overrated english player, who is about half the globe away from them
    its bad enough here, but thats just rediculous

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Its on the news .

how the **** does this deserve to be on the RTE news I dont know .
    Obviously yesterday's designated sick cat caught up a tree story.

As for Beckham and the Asians, it doesn't get much more nutty than this.

• Advertisement

The reason they like he is because he is on the other side of the World .

if they saw him more they'd see him for the **** footballer that he is .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

sure, but i just can't understand how it happened in the first place
    hes more like a popstar anyway, you hear more news about him relating to non-football issues

Advertisement