Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the raveonettes@eamonn dorans

Options
  • 14-07-2004 1:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭

eamonn dorans are delighted to host the raveonettes here on wed 28th july as part of the budrising festival, support on the night comes from the mighty stef and relica...admission etc, times etc, will be confirmed asap

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭trevradiator

jesus i cant believe i have to bump up such a good gig, did people hear me, the raveonettes at eamonn dorans!

just checked up gig guide on phantom,it has raveonettes down as playing tbmc,it is dorans they're playing

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

Originally posted by trevradiator
    jesus i cant believe i have to bump up such a good gig, did people hear me, the raveonettes at eamonn dorans!

can you not?
    Maybe its cos Dorans is a hole, and Radiator gigs are muck... when are The Things playing again :P

flogen

yeah radiator gigs are real ****, thats why every top band in ireland plays them regularly...raveonettes aren't playing at radiator,they're playing for budrising in dorans...next psychotic reaction is on 7th august

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

I heard Dorans gigs were free for Pissrising fest???

• Advertisement

yeah radiator gigs are real ****, thats why every top band in ireland plays them regularly...raveonettes aren't playing at radiator,they're playing for budrising in dorans...next psychotic reaction is on 7th august

Top bands? excuse me while I laugh until I vomit.
    I know there are plenty of good Irish bands that play radiator, but my experiences of the gigs have been less than good. they have been muck, and the state of the venue doesnt help one bit.

best of luck to you, though, I know you're making plenty of money from your gigs, which is all that matters, i guess.

flogen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭McGonagles

Originally posted by flogen
    I know you're making plenty of money from your gigs, which is all that matters, i guess.

Somebody is making money from gigs? In this town?
    Shock! Horror!

Originally posted by McGonagles
    Somebody is making money from gigs? In this town?
    Shock! Horror!

well fair play to anyone who does, I know from experience it aint easy to do... saying that some people seem to forget why the people are really there, and at a gig, its generally not because they like the pub/club, or the posters for the night, its the bands.

flogen

not that much money, considering im the highest paying promoter in town....i rent venue, pay for flyers and posters, then pay the bands between 3 and 5eu per person, not bad considering it's only 7eu in........but my post was not to plug radiator it was to inform the masses that raveonettes are playing in dorans,which i think is a cool band to play here....as far as the free in thing, budweiser still haven't informed us of that,but will post as soon as i hear

Good stuff.

Keep us posted.

I like Dorans btw and im not 14.

• Advertisement

didn't get the last part there

Wasnt havin a dig...the opposite.

Just sayin I like the venue.

hopefully see you down on the night then....remember andalusia, the ravines,nippons and optic play at radiator this friday, followed by the leather girls djing....www.leathergirls.net

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 pea tear

........but my post was not to plug radiator
    remember andalusia, the ravines,nippons and optic play at radiator this friday

nicely spotted,fair play,oooops!

Originally posted by acquiescefc
    I heard Dorans gigs were free for Pissrising fest???

Any update???

Gig is tonite

DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES BEYOND THE CONTROL OF BUDRISING...THE RAVEONETTES WILL NO LONGER PERFORM AT EAMONN DORANS TONIGHT...THE FREE GIG WILL NOW CERTAINLY CONSIST OF THE MIGHTY STEF AND RELICA, THOUGH BUDRISING HAVE PROMISED ANOTHER HEADLINER TO APPEAR ON THE NITE...DOORS 8PM,ADMISSION FREE

Advertisement