Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water cooling opninion

Options
  • 14-07-2004 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭

Is that time of the year hot summer and all that stuff-

Right i'm thinking outfitting the Pc with a sweet water cooling system :D
    Is was thinking about the ThermalTake A1681 Aquarius III

What do you guys think of this one- have you tried it??

Or wich would you recommend is a good one for starting of with.

Few specs
    ========================================
    Case- LianLi PC60
    MoBo- Asus P4P800
    Cpu - P4 2.8- 800fsb
    Heatsink- Thermalright SLK947U
    Ram- Ozc PC4000 Gold Dual Channel kit 2x256Mb
    Gfx Card- Sappire 9800Pro- Artic cooling VGA cooler
    Hdd's- SATA 120Gigs Hitachi drives 2x
    Hdd- IDE Samsung spin point 80 Gig 8mb cache
    Monitor- Sony Trinitron 19" CRT
    Keyboard/Mouse- Logitech Mx wireless optical.
    CDR IDE MSI 52x
    DVD Rom IDE Pioneer 16x
    ========================================
    :)
    Must stick up some picks at some stage of the case - looks great a night:ninja:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

Im not sure about the Aquarius III but the older models were total crap TBH.

The Astek kit that BeatFreak has just gotten looks pretty decent, the CPU cooler is based on the WhiteWater design which is one of the best coolers on the market. With systems like that or the Innovatek kits that can be installed inside they seem like a better option than the external TT solution. (you could even just mound the Rad outside the case).

Im just not a fan or TT, ive found most of there products to be very very noisey (supposed to be silent).

I havent seen any good benchmarks of the TT Aq3 yet, so if you come accross any post the link please?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

In this months custom pc they test about 10 WC kits...iirc they had that TT kit,I will tell you wot they said bout it in the review if you want.

CC

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

Originally posted by Combatcow
    In this months custom pc they test about 10 WC kits...iirc they had that TT kit,I will tell you wot they said bout it in the review if you want.

CC

Fire ahead ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭netman

It looks pretty crappy.. Not the design or colors, but the implementation...

Single 80mm fan.. You gotta be joking.

Elbow connectors for the tubing, both on the PCI card slot and the unit itself - very bad.

Quite frankly, if you want an out-of-the-box kit, go for Asetek or Innovatek.

If you want something really good, with a bit of DIY - go for DangerDen.

Trust me on this one - a bad water cooling set up performs worse than a decent air cooling setup, and it's much more expensive. You'll want something that you can upgrade, and water cool your graphics card or hard drive etc. This thermaltake yoke looks like it can't even cool a CPU decently, nevermind getting a few more components into the loop.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

indeed i not the innoteck one a while back tho it done the job well and kept it running just fine i would go for a totaly different kit next time

• Advertisement
Advertisement