Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MS VM Update Error

Options
  • 14-07-2004 2:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40,232 ✭✭✭✭

Downloaded Ms patch "816093: Security Update Ms Virtual Machine" It's 5.1meg, ran the update but it came back with the error "The MS VM you are attempting to install is a protect system component and can only be updated with a later release of the operating system or service pack".

I'm running W2k Sp4 and have VM installed. When I updated it directly off windows updated everything worked fine, yet when I copied the file from my cache and tried to use it on another machine it came back with the same error.

All i can assume is that windows update is changing something to allow it to update from the it's website, has anyone come accross this, i did google the error and a couple had the same querie but with no resolutiion. Any help greatly appreciated.

Advertisement