Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Temporal Incursion Website

• 14-07-2004 4:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,245 ✭✭✭

Ok so i posted this in the other thread the other day but no one seemed to care so i'll repost it in it's own topic. I'm thinking of starting up a website for this project but i havn't got alot of html experience so was wondering if someone would build it for me, or at least help me out if i start building it myself. The website would inform people of the current general plot... show mocked up pictures (which i will be making soon) storyboards... short effects films demonstrating phaser fire, transporter effects, and that kinda thing. I also have an idea for a competition. Viewers of the website will be invited to submit their own scripts for the story based on the general plot so far and the winner will be chosen... brought up to dublin (all expenses payable by themselves, hehe) and there to make revisions during shooting and that kinda thing. Also thinking about setting up a paypal account so that people can make donations towards the project so that we can buy needed equipment like lights and greenscreens and stuff like that. What you guys think? I've already reserved www.temporalincursion.tk but aint put anything there yet...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭Fuhrio

lol soz, all i know is how to use pagebuilder. i had a friend who i thought might help, but he said no, he left star trek when he became a stargate fan i believe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭The Admiral

I think this is a great idea. The only things we will have to be carefull about are possible infringements of copyrights :) No seriously, because some people are on the hunt and I'm pretty sure no-one wishes to get sued by Viacom or any other Trek-holding. Be sure if anything Trekkish is being used (which will be the case) to put credits on the site.

So far all the jerk talk. Any ideas already about lay out of the interface ?

The Admiral

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,245 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Erm, im thinking pretty similiar to my www.stevetrek.tk lcars layout, but i dunno. I'm not a very good website builder but if i need to, i'll give it a go. i dont think i'd be infringin on copyright as i'd have credits on the site and the paypal thing would be donations, i wouldnt be making money by selling actual material of the movie so that's alright. Erm yea... i'll get to work on it tomorrow possibly (when i get my net access back :-)

THANK YOU NTL FOR GIVING IT TO ME FOR FREE.... AGAIN!!!!! (god i never thought i'd say that) you're only supposed to ever get one free trial, but i got chatting to a lovely girl after like 15 phone calls and she gave me the free trial again.... 1.5 megs here i come!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

Hmm... I'd give the website making a go, but my site making skills are fairly basic, but then again, it depends on what you want...

I need a little diversion to get away from mIRC scripting a bot, lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,245 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Never mind i'm finished with this... ahh well.

• Advertisement
Advertisement