Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Granny Game

Options
  • 14-07-2004 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭

I had a spare night last night, and was shy of the 100 notes for the Merrion game (yeah right) so I thought I'd give the aul Jacks or better at the Fitz a spin. Haven't played since I was drunk once four years ago on a train. Not a clue what I'm at, didn't even know that I couldn't raise until after drawing cards. No clue what the drawing odds are at all.

Miraculously I stay alive, get dealt a few trips, got no clue of course when it comes to drawing but somehow go out just outside the money in 10th spot - Last but one hand I shoulda drawn to a four card A high flush, but chickened out. Now I know the odds.

Question is if I can bluster through to 10th in this, is the game that soft - and just so boring no-one plays - or was I just on a lucky streak.* Just how fearsome are the aul ones? Anyone else played this.

*(Given that I hit 35 three times at roulette - maybe I should quit poker)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭Marq

I've been considering playing this game for a while, altough mainly cos I want to play poker during the week and I'm working on most of the tournie nights. I've heard it's not bad. How does the ante/limit structure work out? and how many chips do you start with?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

You be better asking Luke or Ted tbh, I spent most of the time figuring out what to do with AQK suited plus 33 (Toto, I don't think we're in Texas anymore)

AFAIR,

Ante up to deal:Progression was;

Limit was .5 the pot, then PL I think

Advertisement