Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sportextreme.com

• 14-07-2004 4:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭

has anyone else had problems in dealing with this crowd?

I ordered alll the gear for two divers bar the tanks and the wetsuits from this site.
    I got everything except for one regulator which I am still waiting on a month later.

their customer services leave a lot to be desired. Twice I've had the dispatch date changed on me. Though I have a feeling that I was only told them dates to keep me happy because I had to bomdard them with emails before I got any response.

grrrr!

is this what we've to put up with for refusing to pay riduculous amounts of money in Irish shops? :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

They are fine when they have the gear in stock.... i had the same problem with one of my orders with them... simply cancel the reg order with them and go for somwhere like www.diverswarehouse.co.uk or check one of the sticky's for other links....

They have some reasonable prices though... sportextreme that is. Plus their equipment works fine for me... i got a pair of fins so i suppose not much could go wrong!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭flyz

Originally posted by Peace
    They are fine when they have the gear in stock.... i had the same problem with one of my orders with them... simply cancel the reg order with them and go for somwhere like www.diverswarehouse.co.uk or check one of the sticky's for other links....

They have some reasonable prices though... sportextreme that is. Plus their equipment works fine for me... i got a pair of fins so i suppose not much could go wrong!

I had a look on diverswarehouse and a reg can be shipped to Ireland for just under €30.
    All my gear got shipped from sportextreme for just over the same price. I won't be charged for shipment for my reg either cos it's not my fault they couldn't all be shipped together.

though then again, it's costing €15 everytime I rent a reg from the dive ship so it's not long adding up after. :dunno:

I'll have a look on the other websites too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

I've purchased gear of sportextreme and never had any complaints until a couple of items were out of stock. I was left waiting for months for the first one (a pair of fins) and months for the second one (rock boots). I eventually cancelled the order and went else where.

They used to be good but they've gone down in the last 12 months. Their range has reduced a lot in that time.

Originally posted by flyz

though then again, it's costing €15 everytime I rent a reg from the dive ship so it's not long adding up after. :dunno:

And can you be sure the last person didn't puke in the reg... can you be sure the reg is serviced and won't blow an o-ring when you open the valve and cost you a dive.... or even blow on the dive...

I wouldn't rent gear anymore...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭ka

Have you guys tried Richard in Aquaholics www.aquaholics.org he ships everuwhere in Ireland and UK for free, and prices very competitive. He has been able to match internet prices for me many times.

Ka:-)

• Advertisement

Originally posted by ka
    Have you guys tried Richard in Aquaholics www.aquaholics.org he ships everuwhere in Ireland and UK for free, and prices very competitive. He has been able to match internet prices for me many times.

Ka:-)

Yeah, i've ordered from there a couple of times. Decent prices and good delivery time. Indeed the free shipping is a serious bonus. The only thing is he doen't stock some brand of gear i look for.

Also his shop website was down yesterday... for a while anyway.

and now they've taken their blasted phone number off the website so I can't ring them up and abuse them.
    can't send them emails anymore either, have to use an online form thingy which I can't guarantee will work :mad:

looks like I'm gonna have to start looking elsewhere to get my reg :(

on another note, What I ordered a Mares regulator and gauge and an Beauchat octo. I've heard since that you should always get the same brand. Is that just for the reg and octo, or for the gauge as well?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 456 ✭✭NordicDiver

As long they use the same intermidiate pressure it will be OK, a gauge is a gauge :)
    Mares and Beauchat use the same intermediate pressure.

Originally posted by NordicDiver
    As long they use the same intermidiate pressure it will be OK, a gauge is a gauge :)
    Mares and Beauchat use the same intermediate pressure.

ah okie! thanks!

I got a reply from sport extreme as well and they say that it won't be available til the middle of august!
    dirtbags :mad:

I asked them to send me a list of regulators that they do have in stock, not looking good though.

never going to be using them again anyway once I get all this sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭patto_chan

I too would recommend Aquaholics in Portstewart. I've usually dealt with Richard over the phone. Competitive prices and free delivery.
    (I have also used www.simplyscuba.com in the past - no complaints.)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 NetTrader

To flyz and anyone else who intends to purchase items from sportextreme.com: This is a WARNING - I purchased a GPS device in April 04 which was defective, so I sent it back in accordance with their return policy but they never reimbursed me for the purchase price. They sent a second item which was ok and charged the purchase price a second time. Up to today, I am still trying to get back the money for the returned item.
    Just have a look at their webshop and note that you will nowhere find any exact information about the company - No registered seat, no representatives, no phone No., no contact address (except for the "customer care" and the return department which are different addresses - another suspicious point). Apart from the fact that this infringes EC distant selling law (I am a lawyer so I am able to assess this) I think there is a system behind this because this prevents that anyone enforces any reimbursement or warranty claims. They may be fast in despatching items and cashing up your money but their customer care is less than poor, so you better keep your hands off this shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 kimovski

We just wanted to let you know that sportextreme.com is under new ownership based in Sweden. We take all your criticism very seriously. Please don't hesitate to contact us for quick assistance via our new web page. Welcome!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 398 ✭✭Benny-c

Folks,

Suggest you look at the dates of these posts....:D

Advertisement